US: Presidential Dollar Program for 2012

Started by Bimat, October 26, 2011, 05:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimat

Quote from: chrisild on January 08, 2012, 01:47:37 PM
Keep in mind that these will not be issued for general circulation.
So they won't be available for face value? That's not a very good news. :-\

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

chrisild

Quote from: Bimat on January 08, 2012, 05:15:29 PM
So they won't be available for face value? That's not a very good news. :-\

As far as I can tell, the "Direct Ship" program will be continued. So what you can do is order bags or boxes of those directly from the mint, and they will mail them to you. Shipping within the US costs about 10 cents per coin, depending on the "pack size". (This Direct Ship program used to be free of charge, but the US Mint then discovered that people would order lots and lots, pay with a credit card, get zillions of frequent flyer miles or similar bonuses, and then shlep the coins to their banks. ;D ) It will be pretty much impossible to pick those up from circulation, but they won't actually cost much more, I suppose ...

Christian

Prosit

To order the boxes shipping is US $15.50.  The problem for me is that a box is $250.
If the rolls program is continued, that is 25 coins for $39.95 plus shipping.

So for me, and I have decided I want them, my hope is that they are still going to be in the Mint sets.
Dale

Quote from: chrisild on January 08, 2012, 08:10:47 PM
As far as I can tell, the "Direct Ship" program will be continued. So what you can do is order bags or boxes of those directly from the mint, and they will mail them to you. Shipping within the US costs about 10 cents per coin, depending on the "pack size". (This Direct Ship program used to be free of charge, but the US Mint then discovered that people would order lots and lots, pay with a credit card, get zillions of frequent flyer miles or similar bonuses, and then shlep the coins to their banks. ;D ) It will be pretty much impossible to pick those up from circulation, but they won't actually cost much more, I suppose ...

Christian

kena

Some news on pricing:

http://www.coinnews.net/2012/01/06/us-mint-adds-presidential-1-coin-products-cuts-prices/

Looks like 250 coin cost is $275.95 and 100 is $111.95.

Roll price dropped by 7 to $32.95.

There seems to be new product....5 US dollar coins for $12.95.  So has to be x4 President dollars and a Native American.

Need to look on the US Mint site to see if further detals are there.

Ken

Bimat

I recently asked an American dealer (on e-bay) friend of mine about the Presidential and native American dollars..He's asking $4 for the set of two (P + D) native American dollars and $7 for the set of 4 of any year we want (P or D, our choice) for Presidential dollars..Shipping extra but not much. (He insures the letters using some external shipping insurance company and not USPS)..Not bad IMO considering that they do not circulate.. ;)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Prosit

An online dealer I know of and have used is selling them individually for between $1.85 and $2.35 US each (depending on which one) plus shipping.
Dale

Quote from: Bimat on January 22, 2012, 02:51:12 PM
I recently asked an American dealer (on e-bay) friend of mine about the Presidential and native American dollars..He's asking $4 for the set of two (P + D) native American dollars and $7 for the set of 4 of any year we want (P or D, our choice) for Presidential dollars..Shipping extra but not much. (He insures the letters using some external shipping insurance company and not USPS)..Not bad IMO considering that they do not circulate.. ;)

Aditya

Bimat

Quote from: Prosit on January 22, 2012, 03:03:24 PM
An online dealer I know of and have used is selling them individually for between $1.85 and $2.35 US each (depending on which one) plus shipping.

So my dealer friend is asking reasonable price, right? ;) Will most probably buy them in Feb as I have heard about postal delays due to bad weather in US right now..

Aditya

Prosit

Sounds reasonable to me.
Dale

Quote from: Bimat on January 22, 2012, 03:46:52 PM
So my dealer friend is asking reasonable price, right? ;) Will most probably buy them in Feb as I have heard about postal delays due to bad weather in US right now..

Aditya

Bimat

U.S. Mint Releases Grover Cleveland Coin

$1 coin commemorating 22nd U.S. President goes on sale Tuesday at noon.
By Teresa Akersten  5:55 am

June 19 is a date fans of U.S. President Grover Cleveland will flip for.

At noon (ET) Tuesday, the United States Mint will begin accepting orders for the Grover Cleveland $1 Coin Cover (first term). The limited-edition coin cover includes two circulating quality 2012 Grover Cleveland Presidential $1 Coins from the first day of mintage (March 8, 2012 for the U.S. Mint at Denver and March 29, 2012 for the U.S. Mint at Philadelphia). Mintage is limited to 22,000 units.

The Grover Cleveland $1 Coin Cover costs $19.95, plus $4.95 for shipping and handling. The coins come in a display card with a 45-cent postage stamp canceled in Caldwell, Cleveland's birthplace.

The U.S. Mint began issuing $1 coins honoring U.S. Presidents in 2007. Four presidential coins are released each year, with Presidents Arthur, Cleveland (first term), Harrison, and Cleveland (second term) scheduled for 2012.

Cleveland is the only U.S. President born in New Jersey and the only president to serve two non-consecutive terms. He served as the 22nd and 24th president.

Source