Author Topic: 2012 two pound coin celebrates Charles Dickens  (Read 13516 times)

Offline kena

• UK-Yank
Re: 2012 two pound coin celebrates Charles Dickens
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 01:17:27 PM »
I will not hold my breath waiting for it to show up in circulation.

Since the following £2 coins have not yet been seen in circulation:

2010 2 Pound Florence Nightingale Reverse
2011 2 Pound King James Bible Reverse
2011 2 Pound The Mary Rose Reverse

Ken

Offline andyg

• Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • DERBYS · UK
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 12:02:02 AM »
I do believe the 2010 Florence Nightingale coin is now issued.....
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

Offline <k>

• Honorary Member
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 11:31:13 PM »
I have bought coins sets every year for the last 7 or 8 years maybe, but this year I don't think I can be bothered, they are getting expensive, beyond what should be reasonable, and without a 50p in there either.

I too haven't bought from them for two years, which is probably why I haven't received the Roal Mint's Winter bulletin. Has anybody received a copy? I am curious to know whether it contained any articles on design, and particularly on trials, patterns, or unrealised designs, such as this one:

Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

Offline FosseWay

• Honorary Member
  • Göteborg, Sverige
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 07:21:50 AM »
I received the Royal Mint's Bulletin by post from the first time I bought something from them as a child in 1985 until sometime last decade, when for some reason I dropped off their radar, or the Bulletin became less regular. Since then I've sporadically received it. I agree that over that time it has become less informative and more of a marketing tool. This is especially irksome in the age of the internet, when it's just as easy to look at the products on the website (and a heck of a lot easier to order them there), so the need for an in-ya-face marketing bulletin is moot. Interesting articles about the mint and coin development would be an addition to the other material the Mint produces, not repetition, and would benefit from the permanence of paper. Broadly, I don't need to have on paper anything I don't want to keep for long enough that things like software obsolescence, hard disk failure etc. become a problem.

Offline africancoins

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2011, 09:25:42 PM »
Further to what Andy said in this topic a few days ago....

Today I got a 2010 dated 2 Pound with the Florence Nightingale reverse. It was almost two years ago (19/Decmber/2009) when I got one in a B.U. set.

So there is still plenty of time for all those other 2010 and 2011 types to appear in change...

Thanks Mr Paul Baker