Author Topic: Comments on "Milestones in the decimal coinage of St.Helena-Ascension"  (Read 12047 times)

Offline <k>

• Honorary Member
Re: Comments on "Milestones in the decimal coinage of St.Helena-Ascension"
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2018, 01:47:21 PM »
Yes, I guessed they would listen to my suggestion.  8)

Offline Alan71

• Honorary Member
  • Derby, UK
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2018, 04:16:27 PM »
The most recent £1 coins for St Helena are dated 2015, and before that, 2006, so I’m surprised they’ve exhausted their supplies already.

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2019, 11:02:25 AM »
another interesting snippet from that page...

Falkland Island coins are in unofficial circulation on St Helena. They are identical in size to their local equivalents, but bear different designs. They cannot, however, be exchanged at the Bank of St Helena and may not be accepted in all shops.

Likewise Saint Helena coins used to circulate on the Falkland Islands, but I was recently told by a collector who visited the islands that this is now no longer the case. "It appears they have been taken out of circulation".
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 01:19:51 PM by Figleaf »

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2019, 05:42:49 PM »
No order for Saint Helena and Ascension 1 pound coins was made in 2018, nor were any other denominations ordered in 2018. This has today turned out to be a misinformation of the Saint Helena government.

They are considering whether or not to issue a 12-sided pound coin and possible design changes for the 1 pound coin are part of that consideration too.