News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

All the fakes

Started by <k>, August 01, 2011, 12:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdchaugule

Dear Sanjay,
Good that you stared this item though belated. I have complained to ebay about this item and another item of Rs 10/- of of the same seller. I hope ebay will act. Regards,

akona20

I have advised tjhe seller. They have 6 hours to respond before the Ebay process starts.

akona20

Well instead of just telling folks it is a fake complain to the seller and complain to Ebay or will you just take the easy course in these things and complain but really do nothing?

Coinsforever

Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

rrjadhav76

Quote from: akona20 on October 09, 2011, 11:17:46 AM
Well instead of just telling folks it is a fake complain to the seller and complain to Ebay or will you just take the easy course in these things and complain but really do nothing?
Well, I've tried the course of taking this with eBay and eBay consumer court but no result. eBay after all the discussions asked me to report it to the police and take that legal route. I must admit, I didn't take that route simply lack of time and having other priorities in my plate. But I still have that in TODO when I get some breather out of my current priorities.

akona20

Okay, that has delineated what Ebay has suggested you do as per their own 'instruction' sheet on these matters however their 'instructions' as issued are in fact no legal in many countries. tTo cut a long story short you cannot issue a contract that is unlawful and you cannot aid a criminal offence. Ebay by its size confuses most of us and ir refuses to take any responsibility, wrongly, for the many sins committed by some of its listers.

Now we know what instructions have been issued we will skip the being nice stage.

However it should be noted that the first listing mentioned has now been removed so let's concentrate on some others. Please PM me the details.

Vivek

Dear Sanjay ji...Nice initiative.
I request all who upload photos to add few lines abt how to identify its fake for the uploaded coin. This will help others to identify  Original and Fake..For few coins its easy to identify..but for some its difficult. So request you all to put few lines abt Fake and Original coin details.
Vivek

kansal888

Dear Akona

I appreciate your feelings.

Earlier, I sent PMs and emails to many sellers of fake coins on ebay. However, they just ignore my emails. Unfortunately, I cant leave a feedback about a suspected item unless I actually buy the item. I also sent some emails to ebay; but their standard response is that if a coin is fake; I must contact police. Ebay does not want to penalize the sellers for fear of losing business.

You might be aware that earleir, I wrote about some suspected items of a 'famous' coin auctioner. He started abusing me and threatening me.

So I have stopped sending emails to sellers / ebay. I think WOC is the best platform for spreading awareness. 

Regards
Sanjay Kansal

akona20

Hi Sanjay,

Well I am not intimidated by Ebay or dealers. My little group has had good success with Ebay so I will take on any case.

Now for our dealer friend, if he has any more fakes or frauds please let me know privately and action will be taken.

btw I did once go to the police after Ebay told me to. The interview was started
'Hi my name is Art and I have these letters from coin experts that show fraudsters and money launderers are selling fake coins on Ebay and Ebay will do nothing to help. My complaint I wish to lodge is against Ebay for knowingly facilitating a crime"  Hmmm

abhinumis

Here is images of fake 2009 5 rupee which I got in change
Dr.Abhishek

abhinumis

here is the other side.. looking at this side of the coin one can easily be fooled but the give away is the funny looking lion emblem on the other side and also there are cast marks on the edges of the coin
cheers  :)
Dr.Abhishek

kansal888

Bimat

Quote from: kansal888 on October 11, 2011, 04:20:27 PM
1Re Bose fake

http://www.ebay.in/itm/120786752832?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

At least the seller has clearly mentioned that 'THIS COIN IS Temple Token/ REPLICA/NOVELTY/ FANTASY COIN; THIS IS NOT A LEGAL TENDER.'

I wonder who will buy it after reading this? ???

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Coinsforever

Quote from: aan09 on October 09, 2011, 08:16:04 AM
recently I got one Rs.5 wave coin of 2008 that is 200 % fake in comparison to other coins of same series.
Here is image of the coin Rs 5 Connectivity & Information Technology  2008 , very shiny and may be tin composition.

Ashoka Lion emblem is not at all sharp and looks like lump of metal that is another point of abnormality.

Cheers ;D

Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

kansal888