Author Topic: All the fakes  (Read 60507 times)

Offline kansal888

• Honorary Member
Re: All the fakes
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2012, 04:07:56 PM »
Dear Malji1

Pooja / Puja means worship. This Indira Gandhi coins is used by some superstitious persons. Please notice that Indira Gandhi is wearing a garland of Rudraksha Beads. Rudraksha is considered auspicious.
Wikipedia on Rudraksha

It is associated with Lord Shiva.  Lord Shiva is considered as The Destroyer.
Lord Shiva

Rudra = Shiva and  Aksha = Eyes

A Rosary is made of Rudraksha seeds for prayers. Name of Lord Shiva is chanted with each bead of Rudraksha. In the coin, Indira Gandhi is wearing the Rudraksha garland, so it is considered lucky.
Regards
Sanjay Kansal

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:33:25 PM by kansal888 »

Offline kansal888

• Honorary Member
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2012, 04:25:34 PM »
Pls see that Lord Shiva is wearing similar garland (as in coin). The river Ganges is originating from Shiva's Head. As per Hinduism, Lord Shiva carries a snake and a trident. He rides Nandi bull. He holds moon on his head. He wears a leotard of tiger skin. Elephant headed Lord Ganesha is his son.

Offline kansal888

• Honorary Member
« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2012, 02:34:08 AM »
Dear Malcolm, Arthur & Peter

Ebay did not remove the Indira Gandhi coin from the auction. They informed that the coin was not removed because the Seller has declared upfront that 'The coin is not a legal tender' but used for puja.

This appears to be entirely reasonable.  :D  :D  :D

If you notice any more fake Republic India coins on ebay, please inform me.

Regards
Sanjay Kansal

akona20

« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2012, 03:03:53 AM »
Firstly let me congratulate you on your great successes.

Now let's turn to puja "coins". Ebay has a new policy that bans replicas being sold so does puja really fit into the new catagory of replica or should, in the case of india, it be considered as something else?
In my opinion if it looks like a real coin then it is a replica and should be banned under the Ebay policy.

Offline Mackie

• Mumbai, India
  • Meritorious Member
« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2012, 06:59:32 AM »
You didnt update me Kansalji (though I had posted that fake Indira coin link) but still appreciate your efforts.  :)
Warm Regards,
Mackie

Offline kansal888

• Honorary Member
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2012, 02:42:13 AM »
I am also taking up crooked nose Indira Gandhi coin. Lets wait and watch

Dear Mackie

Pls see one of my earlier replies in which I informed the forum that I am raking up the issue of Indira Gandhi coin. I should also have informed you personally.  :-[  :-[ :-[  :-[

My sincere apologies.

Please continue to highlight any fake Republic India coins on ebay...

Regards
Sanjay

Offline kansal888

• Honorary Member
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2012, 03:08:12 AM »
Dear Malcolm, Arthur & Peter
Ebay did not remove the Indira Gandhi coin from the auction. They informed that the coin was not removed because the Seller has declared upfront that 'The coin is not a legal tender' but used for puja.

In my opinion if it looks like a real coin then it is a replica and should be banned under the Ebay policy.

Dear Arthur

After reading your post, I took up Indira Gandhi fake coin with ebay once again. Now I am happy to inform you that the Indira Gandhi coin has been removed.

Pls see the link

:D  :D  :D :D  :D :D
Regards
Sanjay

akona20

« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2012, 03:19:24 AM »
Wow, how good is that! Your are doing something very special.

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
  • "illegitimi non carborundum"
    • Mals Machine Tokens
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2012, 04:18:59 AM »
Great stuff!

I see the link to the Indira Gandhi coin is now dead - there were three coins listed in his other items, unfortunately the link to these is also lost, lets hope they removed these too.

Firstly let me congratulate you on your great successes.
Now let's turn to puja "coins". Ebay has a new policy that bans replicas being sold so does puja really fit into the new catagory of replica or should, in the case of india, it be considered as something else?

Of course there is still a huge number of replicas in other fields such as WW2 ration books and Identity cards for instance, I have two of each that were gifts at some time and I have seen the same offered for sale by a large numismatic auction site in Australia. It was of course removed immediately when I pointed it out to them.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Offline kansal888

• Honorary Member
« Reply #159 on: May 23, 2012, 06:05:51 AM »
One seller is selling fake 1970 ten Rupee Silver Food for All (FAO Lotus & Sun) coins.

http://www.ebay.in/sch/Indian-Coins-/45136/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ssn=deals_143u&_trksid=p3911.c0.m282

I informed ebay. Lets hope they remove these three items also

Regards

Offline Mackie

• Mumbai, India
  • Meritorious Member
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2012, 06:38:23 AM »
Dear Mackie

Pls see one of my earlier replies in which I informed the forum that I am raking up the issue of Indira Gandhi coin. I should also have informed you personally.  :-[  :-[ :-[  :-[

My sincere apologies.

Please continue to highlight any fake Republic India coins on ebay...

Regards
Sanjay

Kansalji,

I was just kidding. :p As long as the fake coins are removed from ebay it doesn't matter who informed whom and of course you don't have to inform anyone, its our responsibility to keep ourselves informed and appreciate the work you are doing. Cheers!!
Warm Regards,
Mackie

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
All the fakes
« Reply #162 on: June 18, 2012, 11:01:27 AM »
The American coin is genuine (however not rare, you can get it for less than $2), those pattern euro coins are fake. Privately produced, misleading advertisement.

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline Vivek

• Honorary Member
« Reply #163 on: June 18, 2012, 11:31:52 AM »
Thanks Aditya for confirming...I was sure about EURO coins but was not abt American coin..since the seller was same :-\
Vivek

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
All the fakes
« Reply #164 on: June 18, 2012, 11:35:11 AM »
I don't think anyone will ever take the risk of forging the presidential $1 coins...Since nobody uses them, the forger will lose lot of money in the business. ;D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.