Author Topic: Haj 1 Rs  (Read 4416 times)

Offline $$

• Meritorious Member
Haj 1 Rs
« on: August 31, 2011, 11:57:47 AM »
Dear Friends

One of my friend has this 1 Rs note in red colour signed by A K Roy 1957. (he want to sale and demanding for 20K rs) Just to confirm is it worth ?

And need some advice and detail about the notes

Samir
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:51:54 AM by $$ »
S
  S
     S

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Re: Haj 1 Rs
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 12:03:58 PM »
Condition is not so good but then Haj notes are not easy to find. For prices, check price realization at the 3 auction houses in India. You should be able to find one form a recent auction......... or ask some dealer if he has the price guide for Indian bank notes.........

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline mitresh

• Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 10:18:53 AM »
Hi! The scanned note is not a Haj note. It is a Persian Gulf issue that circulated OUTSIDE of India in the countries that now comprise the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council). Simply put these notes circulated in Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Dubai etc.

The colour of the note (Orange) and the "Z" prefix to the serial number on the note distinguishes the Persian Gulf issue from its counterpart circulating in India.

The approximate price for the Rs 1 Persian Gulf note is US$ 300/- (Rs 15,000 approx) if in good condition. The scanned note is of very poor quality hence should not be worth more than say Rs 5-8 thousand.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Mitresh
In the quest for Excellence, there's no finish line.

Offline $$

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 04:53:09 AM »
Thanks for reply

Samir

Hi! The scanned note is not a Haj note. It is a Persian Gulf issue that circulated OUTSIDE of India in the countries that now comprise the GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council). Simply put these notes circulated in Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, Dubai etc.

The colour of the note (Orange) and the "Z" prefix to the serial number on the note distinguishes the Persian Gulf issue from its counterpart circulating in India.

The approximate price for the Rs 1 Persian Gulf note is US$ 300/- (Rs 15,000 approx) if in good condition. The scanned note is of very poor quality hence should not be worth more than say Rs 5-8 thousand.

Hope it helps.

Regards.

Mitresh
S
  S
     S

Offline Harry

• Meritorious Member
  • Collect British India, Straits coins & papermoney.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 04:50:26 AM »
Here is the Gulf 1 Rupee (P-R1) that I obtained many years ago, strangely enough I got this before I collected notes. The coin dealer showed it to me and I had never seen a red 1 rupee note so I purchased it.  The price back then $12, now I can't afford these!!

When showing non-collectors my notes I often show them this pair as some are familiar with the regular 5 Rupee (P-35b) but the Gulf 5 Rupees (P-R2) always amazes them and me too!   Both notes are signed by H V R Iyengar. The obverse has a few differences and the reverse seems to be identical.

Obverse:

Reverse:
Collector of British India, Straits Settlements, Malaya, East Africa coins and papermoney

Offline $$

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 05:11:13 AM »
Dear Harry

Really a wonderful collection and no doubt of condition.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Samir

Here is the Gulf 1 Rupee (P-R1) that I obtained many years ago, strangely enough I got this before I collected notes. The coin dealer showed it to me and I had never seen a red 1 rupee note so I purchased it.  The price back then $12, now I can't afford these!!

When showing non-collectors my notes I often show them this pair as some are familiar with the regular 5 Rupee (P-35b) but the Gulf 5 Rupees (P-R2) always amazes them and me too!   Both notes are signed by H V R Iyengar. The obverse has a few differences and the reverse seems to be identical.

Obverse:

Reverse:

S
  S
     S

Offline Harry

• Meritorious Member
  • Collect British India, Straits coins & papermoney.
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 09:08:19 PM »

This is a nice site showing the Gulf and the Haj Rupees.

http://www.numismondo.com/pm/ind/indexR1.htm

Really nice set of notes!!
Collector of British India, Straits Settlements, Malaya, East Africa coins and papermoney

Offline MWM

• MWM
  • Intrested in Indian coins and Paper money
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 09:13:29 PM »
Dear Harry
SUPERB condition notes. You are really lucky to buy them long back.

Offline sdchaugule

• sdchaugule
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 04:28:24 AM »
 Harry,
I envy your collections. Great.