Author Topic: Please help me with identification of these coins...  (Read 2281 times)

Offline betawarrior60

Please help me with identification of these coins...
« on: June 24, 2011, 11:54:57 PM »
 Hi,
  This is my first post on the forum. I came across these coins in an old box that my grandfather had in the attic. So, I'm just curious what coins these are....

1.)These are made of copper, fairly thick and heavy...

2.)

The yellow coin intrigues me because I'm not sure what coin it is. I'm not sure if it even IS a coin. It says 'victoriacoe' and 'inda' (Shouldn't it be India?) =S..And there is no face value on it. No anna, rupee, pice..nothing.

Anyway, Thanks in advance guys!! =)

-BW60
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 12:45:17 AM by Figleaf »

akona20

Re: Please help me with identification of these coins...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 11:59:16 PM »
Hi and welcome to a new member.

I know it sounds like a pain but it would be nice if you could load one coin per thread. The real experts on these can analyse them one by one.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 12:03:32 AM »
Hello bw (sorry, long names give painful typing fingers), welcome to the forum. The questions you asked are exactly the sort that we are well equipped to handle. However, we would like the forum not just to be a Q&A sort of place, but also a resource for other users. Therefore, I have two requests.

Please submit your coins one by one in separate threads. That way, they can be filed on the right board and given a heading that will help people find examples of the type they arelooking for.

Please give us a weight for each coin. This will help much to determine the origin of the coin, as well as the denomination. If you don't have precise scales, a friendly jeweller may help, but as a coin collector, I really think it is worthwhile to buy precise scales. They are not expensive and very useful. More information here.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline betawarrior60

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 12:20:41 AM »
K, I'll create individual threads if that will help..... =)

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 03:18:43 AM »
K, I'll create individual threads if that will help..... =)

Would be very helpful as some of the coins are quite interesting.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"