Some helpful Internet websites on the Euro

Started by common sense, May 07, 2007, 01:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

common sense

For mintage quantities of euro coins:  http://www.euro-auflagen.de/index.php?lang=en It's a very good site!
For general information on the euro: http://www.ecb.int/ecb/enlargement/html/faqenlarge.en.html#l17
how to lose your sense: do everything you want unprincipled and think you're the best.

a3v1

Another useful item for eurocoin collectors (provided they're not completely illiterate in Dutch) can be found on www.importa.nl
Choose "Nederlands" as language; click "Euro albums" and on that page go to the bottom. There you'll find "Alles over de euro" (All about the euro).
This is a .pdf file including nice pictures of all euro circulation coins that have appeared since 2004 and all 2 ? commemoratives. Also there are pictures of all known future eurocoins that may be issued in the oncoming years. Moreover, there's a brief survey of all known euro circulation coins, indicating which ones are in circulation and which ones are available in coinsets only. Its final part includes an illustrated survey of all euro circulation coins complete with their mintage quantities in uncirculated.
Regards,
a3v1

Over half a century of experience as a coin collector.
-------------
Money is like body fat: If there's too much of it, it always is in the wrong places.

Figleaf

Delivered as described. Thanks a3v1.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

humpybong

Excellent resource....download and printed

Thanks a3v1
Barry

"Experience enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it a again"

a3v1

As from today, a new and completely updated version (Version 4.2) of "Alles over de Euro" (All about the Euro) can be seen on and/or downloaded from www.importa.nl
New data have been added, many pictures have been replaced by better ones, new pictures have been added, and all mintage figures have been rechecked.
Regards,
a3v1   
-------------
Money is like body fat: If there's too much of it, it always is in the wrong places.

a3v1

The most recent edition (version 4.4) of my survey (in Dutch) of all circulation eurcoins can now be found on www.importa.nl
It includes many additions of new euro coins, pictures of same, and many mintage figures are added and/or corrected.
Regards,
a3v1
-------------

Figleaf

8) Thanks for keeping this excellent resource up to date. Sharing such research exemplifies the best of the hobby. 8)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

a3v1

A new and completely updated version (version 4.5) of my Eurocoins survey has been sent to Importa today and will be online within days.
Importa has informed me that about 70% of the data traffic with their website www.importa.nl now is related to my survey. During the last three months it has been downloaded nearly 2900 times. Considering that it is in Dutch only, one might well say that it satisfies an existing need.
Regards,
a3v1 
-------------

Figleaf

So why not try to make an English version (I'll help if you need it)?

Peter

a3v1

Quote from: Figleaf on June 21, 2008, 11:47:59 PM
So why not try to make an English version (I'll help if you need it)?
@ Peter,
The problem is not making a version in English (though it will double my excertions); the real problem is finding a suitable website willing to avail room for a 4 Mb .pdf download and refresh it each time I make an update.
Regards,
a3v1
-------------

Miguel.mateo

a3v1,

If what you need is hosting, I can help.  Do you mind the url?  Meaning, if you do not mind, I can help you really quick.  If you have a name and what you need is hosting it, that can take a bit longer.  I can give you FTP access so you do what ever you want with the site.  Is that what you need?  Send me a mail if this is the case ...

Miguel

a3v1

@ Miguel,
Some time will be needed for thinking over your proposals.
And if I decide to accept it, much more time will be needed for translating my "Euro coins survey" into English.
I'll let you know in due time.
Regards,
a3v1
-------------

Miguel.mateo

a3v1,

Not a problem, the help is offered and it will continue to be offered.  I have several servers hosting several sites, giving you space in one of them is no a big issue for me.  Even for your current version, if you really need help with the hosting just buzz me.

Thanks,
Miguel

Figleaf

Meanwhile, a new Dutch version (4.7) is online at http://www.importa.nl/pdf/kooij%204.7.pdf This is a great resource.

The first five pages are a tabular overview of all issues. If I knew how to make the symbols used on my Mac, I'd translate the key to the table. Much of the rest are figures, pictures and easy to recognize country names.

Peter

chrisild

Some of the symbols can be found in the "Wingdings" and "Wingdings2" fonts. Not sure though whether these two cover all of them ...

Christian