1922 Canadian Cent

Started by Prosit, June 03, 2011, 03:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosit

Got this in the mail today.  1922 Canadian Cent.  One of the slightly better dates.  It has seen a little use but I like it.

What I consider Better dates are 1858, 1904H, 1922, 1923, 1925.
I could leave out the Confederation coins but think I won't.

I need 16 more to complete a date run 1859-2010.
I don't count most varieties such as different numeral types or the 1955 without strap type....I am not sure I would know one if I saw one.
Dale

Ukrainii Pyat

My best Canadian find in cent box searches was a 1925 last year, only 1M minted.  All my cats on Canadian are older than me so price, I have no idea.
Донецк Украина Donets'k Ukraine

Prosit

That is a nice one to find in circulation!  Is it is pretty good shape?
Dale

Quote from: scottishmoney on June 03, 2011, 09:05:35 PM
My best Canadian find in cent box searches was a 1925 last year, only 1M minted.  All my cats on Canadian are older than me so price, I have no idea.

Ukrainii Pyat

Yes, it is in my Whitman - all finds from circulation - and is an EF.  A couple of months ago I found a 1936 Canadian 25 cents with GV on it from the reject bin of a coin machine.

Prosit

The 1925 cent in EF should list in catalogs in the neighborhood of $40 USD which is considerably better grade that I will be looking for  ;D
A 1936 quarter in VG should list in catalogs in the neighborhood of $26 USD.

I have no idea what they might actually sell for, however they are excellent finds from circulation!
I can't think of anything I have ever found that compares.

Dale

Quote from: scottishmoney on June 03, 2011, 09:05:35 PM

Ukrainii Pyat

I searched 18K cents over last weekend with my two teenage daughters - an older gentleman brought them into the bank to put through their coin machine.  There were not as many Wheats as I had hoped for, only about 45 or so and I was hoping there might be over 100 in there.  There were only 5 GVI cents, and something like 75 or so QEII YH's.  My GVI, and QEII YH's are complete now, I think I only need a couple of the GVs to complete my Whitman from circulation.

And I could be disappointed for all the work, save that we also found an 1891 and a 1907 IHC, the 1891 is G-4 or so, the '07 is F-VF or so.  I did find a 1901 last year, so the 1891 is my oldest ever cent search find now.

Another neat find were a couple of capped die errors, one fairly minor, but one of them has a definite much higher rim on it.  Also a Mozambique 20 centavos from 1961 masquerading as a cent.