Bundi Y2 - paisa 1858-1898

Started by Figleaf, November 10, 2007, 10:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

If I could have read this script, I would at least have had a clue. Thanks in advance for all help.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Rangnath

Peter, I see what you mean.  This looks difficult.  I don't understand the relationhip between the top and the bottom image. Are they of the same coin?  Why are they differently proportioned? 
What is the size and weight of the coin ( or coins) ?
richie

Figleaf

It's the same coin, turned 90 degrees so that on both pics the texts are positioned right (I hope) :P. The coin is about 17 x 15 mm, 5-6 mm thick. It weighs 10.9 grams.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Oesho

Dear Peter,
Bundi, Takka or Paisa,( depending of weight) in the name of Queen Victoria. Obv. has been illustrated vertically.
The reverse reads a frozen legend in Devanagari which you find on all Bundi issues: Rangesha Bhakta / Bundisha Ram Singh.

Figleaf

It's Y 2, a paisa. The lower part of the R looks like a cross, which threw me off completely. You are absolutely right, of course. Now that I know what it is I can read (vict)ORIA (q)UEEN. Wonderful! Thanks, Oesho.

Peter