News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

A cherished little sister

Started by brandm24, July 17, 2022, 11:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandm24

The American half cent series are sometimes referred to as the "little sisters" as their design elements match that of the larger issue large cent coins.

This coin is neither rare nor valuable. Any value it once had has been destroyed by the defacements applied for whatever reason. Despite that, it's the coin I cherish the most. Nearly 50 years ago my father gave me his small collection of US coins, this being one of them.

At various times in my life it became necessary to sell my collections out of economic necessity. That included everything my father had given to me...except this one. I've always kept it to remind me of him and the interest in coin collecting that he sparked in me. It's been a lifelong passionDad's Collection-1976.jpgDad's Collection-1976.jpg  .

Bruce
Always Faithful

Globetrotter

If you want to check your variant, you can have a look here: large 6?

brandm24

Thanks, I'll take a look. It's strange but for long as I've had this coin I don't ever recall checking for variety...and I had the half cent references in my library.

Bruce
Always Faithful

Globetrotter

I would have told you if you published both sides of your coin instead of the same side twice :P

brandm24

Yeah, I posted two pictures by mistake. I don't have a picture of the reverse that I know of. I'll go dig out the coin and check it. Thanks, Globetrotter.

Bruce
Always Faithful

brandm24

The coin is variety 3...Large 6, stems.

Bruce
Always Faithful

Globetrotter

Well, well, the documentation served it's goal.