News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

SOCIAL CLUB TOKENS & TICKETS OF NORTHUMBERLAND & CO. DURHAM

Started by bhx7, June 11, 2022, 05:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhx7

Hi All

Wondering if someone could help. I am looking for SOCIAL CLUB TOKENS & TICKETS OF NORTHUMBERLAND & CO. DURHAM by Denzil Webb which I believe was published back in 1998 as an soft back a5 book.

I am doing an ongoing project on North East tokens and this would be an extremely helpful book.

Thanks
Brian

Figleaf

An ad in the Token Corresponding Society Bulletin, Vol. 6 No. 6 (January 2000), page 280 says the booklet is available from the author for £1.50.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

bhx7

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately I believe that the author has since past away, or so I have been lead to believe.
It would be an invaluable book to myself and a the project I am running as astarting reference.

Hopefully more information to come in the very near future.

Thanks
Brian

bhx7

Figleaf

Congratulations. If you feel like it, you can do a review, so that it gets into our bibliography.

Another thing you could do is use it to set up a section of World of Tokens, complete with variants you found and your ideas on how the tokens should be classified. A good many have gone there and left splendid online mini catalogues, accessible for everyone everywhere. It's a great way of giving something to numismatics to thank it for the joy it gave you. Of course, you'll get all the support you need to get it done.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.