News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Help with Identifying Indian gold coin (maybe half pagoda)?

Started by Arusak, December 05, 2021, 12:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arusak

Weight 1.6 grams, diameter 12 mm

I've been told the weight matches a half pagoda, but have not been able to get an ID for this coin. Is anyone able to help identify?

Figleaf

I would suggest a PM to gsrtc, who contributed many great threads on gold pagodas, though his are predominantly Hindu style.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

asm

Suggest try Dehli Sultanate. I think the center of the left image reads 'Allah' and above that looks like al of 'Dar-al-mulk' epithet. I may be wrong.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Arusak

Quote from: asm on December 14, 2021, 10:00:48 AM
Suggest try Dehli Sultanate. I think the center of the left image reads 'Allah' and above that looks like al of 'Dar-al-mulk' epithet. I may be wrong.

Amit

Thank you, I will see if I can find a match.

Arusak

Quote from: Figleaf on December 14, 2021, 07:29:28 AM
I would suggest a PM to gsrtc, who contributed many great threads on gold pagodas, though his are predominantly Hindu style.

Peter

Thanks, although unfortunately he was unable to identify it.

asm

The center of the left image shows the word 'Allah' and above it is some part of the epithet 'Dar al Mulk' which is seen on the coins of Malwa or Dehli Sultans. On the right image, though I am not too sure, there is some letters that resemble 'Akbar'.

Unfortunately, that is how far I can go.....

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Arusak

Quote from: asm on January 27, 2022, 02:13:52 AM
The center of the left image shows the word 'Allah' and above it is some part of the epithet 'Dar al Mulk' which is seen on the coins of Malwa or Dehli Sultans. On the right image, though I am not too sure, there is some letters that resemble 'Akbar'.

Unfortunately, that is how far I can go.....

Amit

Thanks!