News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

The Globe on Coins

Started by <k>, February 07, 2012, 06:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quant.Geek

Portuguese India. Malacca, Manuel I (1495-1521), Tin Bastardo of 60-Reis, second issue, 1512-1515,

Obv: Cross
Rev: Globe

A gallery of my coins can been seen at FORVM Ancient Coins

Figleaf

This coin type is hard enough to find as it is. In this condition, it is a little miracle.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Destrans

The portuguese imperial shield

<k>

Egypt, 5 gunayh, 1984.  50th Anniversary of the Academy of Arabic Language.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

thepanda0

Denmark, 10 kroner, 2008,  Polar Year - Sirius

Best,
Adam

http://coinz.eu/

<k>

Italy 1000 lire 1997.jpg

Italy, 1000 lire, 1997.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

brandm24

1792 US Quarter pattern / eagle on globe.
Always Faithful

chrisild

Three "globe" coins from around here ... First, every 1, 2 and 5 cent coin from the euro area has a globe. (Image: ECB)

Christian

chrisild

This is a German €10 collector coin, issued in 2004 for the FIFA 2006 World Cup. I like how the little football orbits around the planet. :)

Christian

chrisild

A few other football coins have similar globe designs. Now look at this one, issued in 2016 (image: Fenzl). This was the initial issue for the Climate Zones series.

Christian

quaziright

bagerap

Not a coin, but I medal I bought a few hours ago. Believed to date from around 1820, it has Australia listed as New Holland and Tassie as Van Diemens Land. Eimer 1139, seller's images.

Alex Island

Quote from: bagerap on November 13, 2020, 02:22:37 AM
Not a coin, but I medal I bought a few hours ago. Believed to date from around 1820, it has Australia listed as New Holland and Tassie as Van Diemens Land. Eimer 1139, seller's images.

Yes, this is a good medal, and I noticed that there are many interesting names, especially for islands in the ocean, and some of the names have not been used for a long time or have changed.

All islands around the world & islands coin

Figleaf

I suppose the catalogue reference is to either An introduction to Commemorative Medals or British Commemorative Medals and their values. In the second case it would be British and the Dutch names would be somewhat strange for 1820. In the first case it could hail from anywhere.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

brandm24

Quote from: chrisild on November 13, 2020, 01:14:19 AM
This is a German €10 collector coin, issued in 2004 for the FIFA 2006 World Cup. I like how the little football orbits around the planet. :)

Christian
A clever design, Christian. I like it.

Bruce
Always Faithful