News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Chuck E. Cheese token

Started by gpimper, August 03, 2020, 12:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpimper

Chuck E. Cheese opened in 1977, and they used tokens to play the arcade games and rides. A few years ago, they started getting rid if tokens, and started to use credits that were put on cards. Tokens are no longer in use, but somehow I had one in my change jar, idk.  Pizza place with and arcade.

Cayden
The Chief...aka Greg

Prosit

Somewhere on WCC there was a large thread on these.
There are some varieties. That is the most modern i recall seeing.

Dale

jezuss

Figleaf

What a collection!

Amazing also to see a chain of pizza sellers with children as target audience. It's an open invitation for obesity among children.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

brandm24

Quote from: Figleaf on August 03, 2020, 10:48:32 AM
What a collection!

Amazing also to see a chain of pizza sellers with children as target audience. It's an open invitation for obesity among children.

Peter
You influence the children who in turn influence their parents.

It's really more of an entertainment place for children though. All types of games and activities...and food of course. Our children went a number of times when friends of theirs had birthday parties there. Fun for them, but not so much for the parents. :)

Bruce
Always Faithful

gpimper

The Chief...aka Greg

brandm24

I used to know a man who was a huge collector of these tokens and also Mardi Gras pieces. I have a few in my boxes somewhere but nothing really modern that I know of.

Bruce
Always Faithful

gpimper

Kiddo asked me to post this one.  Found it while medal detecting about a year ago.  From what I've found it's probably 1960s out of Pittsburgh, PA.  Cleaned up nice, though! 
The Chief...aka Greg

brandm24

Do you remember where you found this one, Greg? Just curious how far it traveled from Pittsburg.

Bruce
Always Faithful

gpimper

Bruce, we found this on a friends ranch just west of Flagstaff, Arizona, I think.  Along the old rail tracks.
The Chief...aka Greg

brandm24

Must have jumped an empty boxcar in Pittsburg. That would make it a hobo Chuckie-E-Cheese token. ;D

Seriously, it always amazes me how far a token or coin sometimes migrates from where you would normally expect to see it. I know an English metal detectorist who has found thousands of coins and tokens over the years. One was an American Large Cent he dug on the River Mersey neat Liverpool. What a story that one could tell.

Bruce
Always Faithful