Gibraltar: Breast cancer support 2 pounds 2019

Started by eurocoin, October 16, 2019, 08:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrNuman

Thanks for your swift response. They are making it harder and harder these days with keeping up with the releases.
Feel free to ask me anything about Holland :)

In search of old Dutch coins.

eurocoin

The mintage of this coin is now believed to be 4,000 pieces:

900 pieces sold by the charity
100 pieces sold by the Treasury of Gibraltar to international collectors
500 pieces allegedly sold by Gibraltar Stamps and Coins
2,500 pieces sold by the Westminster Collection

The Westminster Collection mistakenly oversold this coin and has had to cancel orders. They sold 2,700 pieces, 200 more than they had in stock.

Breast Cancer Support Gibraltar wrote that they were surprised that 3,000 additional pieces had been produced. They had no knowledge of this.

MrNuman

Very interesting to read that some of these have been produced without the knowlegde of the Breast Cancer Support Gibraltar foundation. I saw the post on there Facebook regarding this and couldnt help myself and donated the amount of what I otherwise would have spend on the coin if I would have been able to purchase it tuesday.
Feel free to ask me anything about Holland :)

In search of old Dutch coins.

mmiguel

Wow now ebay is flooded with coincards issued by Change Checker with this coin and went down to 80-100€. Is this anything official? I don't see any difference between these new coins and the old ones....

eurocoin

There is indeed no difference between the new coins and the old ones.

eurocoin

Next week the Treasury of Gibraltar will receive a new batch of Breast Cancer Support Gibraltar coins from Tower Mint. Whether the coins will be sold to collectors or will be released into general circulation (or both), I do not know.

Interested people can email mandy.hayes@treasury.gov.gi for further information.

eurocoin

Official statement of Tower Mint and the Gibraltar National Mint relating to the Breast Cancer Support Gibraltar coins:

We have received a number of enquiries related to the recent "Gibraltar Breast Cancer Support £2 Circulating Coin." Tower Mint Ltd produced the coin on behalf of the Gibraltar National Mint but are not a retailer in any form. We have discussed your enquiry directly with the Gibraltar National Mint who have provided the following statement:

"It has been brought to our attention that there is a lack of clarity in the market place as to the edition limit of the Circulating £2 Breast Cancer support coin. We can confirm that a quantity of 1,000 coins had been struck and donated to the Gibraltar Breast Cancer Support Charity. This quantity was not and is not the total mintage and an unlimited mintage had been set for this £2 Circulating Coin Collection. The total number of circulating £2 coins that have been minted to date is 11,950. Although the Gibraltar National Mint have issued an edition limit set at 'Unlimited' due to the issues that have risen, the Gibraltar National Mint will be reviewing the edition limit and will be amending it to a limit of 12,500.

Gibraltar National Mint asks that collectors seek confirmation of edition limits through official channels only."

Sadly we have only been responssible for the production of the coin itself, we are not in a position to provide any further information other than the above statement and ask that you contact the Gibraltar National Mint if you require any further details.

eurocoin

The coins are now available again on the website of the Westminster Collection here.

Update 19:49: Sold out

andyg

fakes on ebay;
[url]http://www.thefakepoundcoindatabase.co.uk/FAKES/2P/SUBS/GIB-BCS.html

(the forum software doesn't like the url for some reason, it complains "message body left empty" when I add the second /url tag.)
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....