Dutch coffee machine tokens - please help complete the picture collection

Started by malj1, March 07, 2012, 12:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jezuss

automaten dienst groningen
20 mm 3.8 gram copper-nickel

Figleaf

Yee-ho! A small vendor of automatic dispensing machins who left few if any traces on the net. The mugs and bottles remind me of cold drinks. Will add the picture to WoT. Thank you!

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

jezuss

Figleaf

An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

jezuss

berg en bosch
22.5 mm Copper-Nickel 4.5 gram

jezuss

Figleaf

Two hard to find tokens in a series in which even some of the common tokens are not easy to find. Thank you!

Peter

jezuss

jaski vending
20 mm nickel plated copper
3.9 gram

Figleaf

Figleaf

It feels like a difficult birth, but it is done! On my last trip to the Netherlands, I met with a (passive) WoC member, who sold me a batch of around 100 tokens, about 80% coffee machine tokens. I researched all the issuers, got permissions for a large number of pictures and set up dozens of new pages.

It finally occurred to me why I put all this effort in this project. It is an economic history of my life, without any boring family pictures. It explains where some of the best known brand names of my years of innocence came from and how most of them disappeared. I discovered new stories, heroes and villains. There's a doctor who got tortured and a wildly corrupt taxi boss to add to the already considerable cast of the coffee machine tokens show. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

Meanwhile, the picture collection stands at just over 50% only. Please continue to donate pictures. A big thank you for past donors, including WoC members and a number of Dutch historical societies.

Peter

jezuss

lyceum buitenveldert
22.5 mm copper-nickel 4.6 gram

Figleaf

Thank you! Yet another page without broken links. Only 10 more schools to go ;)

Peter

jezuss

automatic holland
22.0mm brass
obverse kb024, reverse kb025

jezuss

malj1

Maybe for coffee? many arrow type objects unface brass 20mm

...or paper planes ???
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.