News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

A thread for sharing images of polymer banknotes in your collection

Started by Rabi_R, October 07, 2018, 01:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rabi_R

I did not find any dedicated thread for sharing polymer banknote images. So i thought it may not be a bad idea to start one. I like looking at images of colourful and intricately designed banknotes and i believe there are many more people like me. This thread, i believe , will be a fun place for that group of people.

I shall start with a few of mine -

Description

Front: At right, Ignacio Carrera Pinto (1848-1882) a Chilean hero of the War of the Pacific. At center, the copihue , the national flower of Chile. At lower left, Antú, the most powerful of the Pillan spirits in the Mapuche mythology. Antú represents the sun and fertility.
Back: Torres del Paine National Park is a national park encompassing mountains, a glacier, a lake, and river-rich areas in southern Chilean Patagonia. The Cordillera del Paine is the centerpiece of the park. At lower center, two alpacas, a domesticated species of South American camelid.
Size: 120 x 70 mm
Printer: Note Printing Australia
Substrate: Guardian®
Quantity: On issue
Type: Circulating (on issue)

Rabi_R

Description

Front: Braulio Carrillo Colina (1800-1845), the head of state from 1835 to 1842. Back: Guanacaste or Elephant Ear Tree, the national tree. The White-tailed Deer or Venado Cola Blanca, a national animal. The Costa Rica Pitahaya, a cactus species, whose fruit is commonly known as dragon fruit.
Size: 125 x 67 mm
Printer: Francois-Charles Oberthur Fiduciaire (France)
Quantity: 40,000,000

Rabi_R

Description

Front: General Murtala Ramat Muhammed (1938-1976), an army general, head of state and Nigeria's national hero. The Central Bank of Nigeria's logo at upper right and in the clear window.
Back: Dr Ladi Kwali (c. 1925-1983), Nigeria's best known potter. A map of Nigeria at upper left. The coat of arms of Nigeria at lower right.
Size: 130 x 72 mm
Printer: The Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company , Giesecke & Devrient (Germany)

Rabi_R

Description

Front: At left, the coat of arms of Honduras. At right, Dionisio de Herrera (1781-1850), the first head of state of Honduras from 1824 to 1827 and head of state of Nicaragua from 1830 to 1833.
Back: The presidential residence of Honduras from 1922 to 1992.
Issue Year: 2010
Size: 156 x 67 mm
Printer: Canadian Bank Note Company
Quantity: 60,000,000
Type: Circulating (obsolete)

Rabi_R

Description

Front: Portrait of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman; National Mosque;
Back: National Parliament Building and the National Monument;
Watermark: Head of a Royal Bengal Tiger;
See-through window: National flower Shapla;
Date of Issue: 14 December 2000.
Size: 130 x 60 mm
Printer: Note Printing Australia Limited (NPA)
Quantity: 50,000,000
Type: Circulating (obsolete)

Rabi_R

Description

Front: At right, a toddy tapper. His job involves scaling palm trees to the top, cutting open the leaves, and collecting the white sap that pours out. That sap is fermented, turning it into an alcoholic beverage known as toddy or palm wine. In the background, a group of men and women playing traditional music and a coconut bunch.
Back: The oldest drum displayed in the National Museum.
Size: 150 x 70 mm
Printer: Thomas De La Rue and Company( England)
Substrate: Safeguard™

Rabi_R

Description

Front: Dr. Alvan Ikoku (1900-1971). Central Bank emblem.
Back: Fulani milk maids. Nigerian map outline in national flag colours. Coat of arms.
Watermark: Central Bank of Nigeria logo
Issue Year: 2009
Size: 130 x 72 mm
Printers: The Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company , Giesecke & Devrient (Germany)

Rabi_R

Description

Front: A view of Salvador Allende Port in Managua.
Back: La Vaquita dancer. La Vaquita, referring to both the dance and the costume, is part of the annual festivities in honor of Santo Domingo, the patron saint of Managua, the capital city of Nicaragua. The coat of arms of Nicaragua at lower left.
Issue Year: 2015
Size: 131 x 67 mm
Printer: Francois-Charles Oberthur Fiduciaire (France)

Rabi_R

Description

Front: Five-petaled Bunga raya, the national flower of Malaysia. Portrait of first Supreme Head of State of the Federation of Malaya - Tunku Abdul Rahman Ibni Al-Marhum Tunku Muhammad (24 August 1895 – 1 April 1960).
Design patterns from songket weaving (featured to reflect the traditional Malaysian textile handicraft and embroidery).
Back: Logo emblem of the Central Bank of Malaysia depicting Kijang Emas (Malaysia Barking Deer) Wau Bulan - Malaysian moon-kite.
Watermark: None.
Date of First Issue: 16 July 2012.
Size: 120 x 65 mm
Printer: Francois Charles - Oberthur, (France)

Rabi_R

Description

Front: Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah, the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam. At center, bunga simpur, the national flower.
Back: Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin mosque in Bandar Seri Begawan, a lagoon, and Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Foundation (Yayasan) building.
Size: 141 x 69 mm
Printer: Note Printing Australia

Bimat

Very nice collection! :)

I collected polymer banknotes for some time, but then stopped it (can't afford coins and banknotes together ;)). Whatever I have, I like it a lot.

Many of the polymer banknotes are available easily and are affordable. It's also a nice gift to give even to those who don't collect banknotes...they always like it (have tried it myself).

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Figleaf

Thank you Rabi_R. Fun showcase thread. I note that there's no picture of the nly polymer banknotes I have handled: those of the UK. Consider yourself encouraged.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Rabi_R

Quote from: Figleaf on October 07, 2018, 02:47:25 PM
Thank you Rabi_R. Fun showcase thread. I note that there's no picture of the nly polymer banknotes I have handled: those of the UK. Consider yourself encouraged.

Peter

What i find from catalog is UK have released two so far, a 5 pound in 2016 and a 10 pound in 2017. I will get those when pocket permits  :), pound/rupee rate is not favourable for Indians.

Rabi_R