Identification of several coins needed (Islamic, Indian, Asian)

Started by zviscevic, July 04, 2018, 08:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zviscevic

Hello to everyone!

Since I'm not too much familiar with these coins (images listed below), I would appreciate any help with identification.

20 mm

18 mm

17 mm / 8 mm thick

15 mm / 4 mm thick

14 mm

10 mm

Thank you in advance on your help!
NumisTube - Numismatics and Phaleristics Channel > NumisTube - Numismatics and Phaleristics Channel - YouTube
- Coins, Banknotes & Militaria store: CBM Store

Manzikert

It would be better if you can post one coin at a time as it is difficult to index the posts properly when there are several coins from different places.

However, your second one is a 20 para toll token from the Galata Bridge in Istanbul, c.1890-1910 I believe.

The last one is a 1 cash coin from Travancore in south India. The left image needs to be turned 90 degrees anti-clockwise.

Alan

capnbirdseye

Apart from those identified by Alan, the 1st one is Ottoman, 3rd one is a Takka from Jodhpur, 4th  Nawanagar, 5th Kutch,
Vic

Figleaf

Hello zviscevic. These are interesting coins, but they are presented in a way that makes them useless for WoC. I advise you strongly to read the sticky post at the top spot of the board "unidentified items".

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

zviscevic

NumisTube - Numismatics and Phaleristics Channel > NumisTube - Numismatics and Phaleristics Channel - YouTube

zviscevic

Quote from: Figleaf on July 04, 2018, 12:54:12 PM
Hello zviscevic. These are interesting coins, but they are presented in a way that makes them useless for WoC. I advise you strongly to read the sticky post at the top spot of the board "unidentified items".

Peter

Ok. clear

gencho kitov

Quote from: capnbirdseye on July 04, 2018, 10:12:52 AM
Apart from those identified by Alan, the 1st one is Ottoman, 3rd one is a Takka from Jodhpur, 4th  Nawanagar, 5th Kutch,
1 st-Ottoman
https://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=163837