News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Coca-cola

Started by malj1, October 05, 2012, 01:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henk

I also found the following on ebay. One is a trolley token another is a drinks token from a German (Berlin) disco.

FosseWay

Here's a Russian Coca-Cola vending token. The Russian text reads:

(outer circle) Акционерное общество Кока-Кола Рефршментс Москва = Joint stock company Coca-Cola Refrshments Moscow

(inner circle) Применяется в машинах-автоматах = valid in the vending machines

There is a spelling error in the "Russian" (well, the transliterated English) - highlighted. I therefore suspect the token was made outside Russia by someone who didn't read Cyrillic.

malj1

A British example Coca-Cola consimilar brass 22mm
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

malj1

Another example with Coca-Cola across a bottle and ALWAYS incuse above rev. VALUE ONE DRINK  in three lines brass 28mm

Where was this one in use?
Malcolm

malj1

Quote from: Henk on November 09, 2017, 01:32:31 PM
I also found the following on ebay. One is a trolley token another is a drinks token from a German (Berlin) disco.

I notice the TRINK coca cola has a blank reverse so its different the one I have here
Malcolm

malj1

Another similar to the Russian one in reply #15 seen on eBay but said to be from URUGUAY

I quote:

Bimetallic Coke vending machine token with rim damage: two filing marks. "Vale por una venta en una maquina de Coca-Cola." (Good for one sale in a Coca-Cola vending machine.) URU on central plug, 23 mm dia.
Malcolm

jezuss

tccec on both sides of the token.
square dots.
22.0 mm
4.0 gram

brandm24

Quote from: malj1 on July 06, 2015, 04:18:20 AM
At a place where I worked in the 1950's we had a coin operated Coca-Cola machine containing many of the small size bottles of Coca-Cola, I don't remember the price now but would imagine it could have been one shilling coin operated.

Here is another piece from the Philippines this time more of an advertising key ring attachment than a token.

30th anniversary in the Philippines; copper 25.3mm.
Looks like something that might have been given to employees and distributors.

Bruce
Always Faithful

Figleaf

Quote from: Henk on November 09, 2017, 10:48:56 AM
the tokens look like having been made at the Rijks Munt, the Dutch Mint in Utrecht.

Indeed, I think there is a strong case that tokens with this decoration (I call them "swirl" in WoT, search for this term to see a list of them) were produced by the Utrecht mint. I hope some day there will be original files research that links the swirl tokens the the former state mint.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Figleaf

Quote from: jezuss on June 17, 2019, 03:29:40 PM
tccec on both sides of the token.
square dots.

Thank you. A very interesting variety. Since it is really hard to find, I take it for an error: the same die was mounted in the press twice. This shows that, in spite of the short series, multiple dies were made. I guess a reserve die makes sense when delivery times are short, to cover the risk of an unexpected event, such as a die break.

Inserted on WoT.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Galaico

Quote from: malj1 on October 16, 2012, 08:55:31 AM
Another, this time German I believe. Trink Coca-Cola ℞. Automaten-munze

Brass, 19mm.

I have one similar to that one, but in reverse has Munzen instead of Munze.

Brass, 18,8 mm, 3,5 g.
Galaico - JPSAV

Figleaf

Fun. Yours is likely the first try. The N in MÜNZEN is superfluous. They took it off on Malj1's specimen, but didn't bother to re-align MÜNZE with AUTOMATEN.

Peter

jezuss

i have many varieties with münzen, but only 1 with münze :

Coca Cola

Galaico

Quote from: jezuss on May 14, 2020, 06:51:03 PM

Coca Cola

Great colection, congratulations jezuss!
Galaico - JPSAV

malj1

Quote from: jezuss on May 14, 2020, 06:51:03 PM

Coca Cola

I notice my one in Reply #3 is a different variety to your one with MUNZE in a different position.
Malcolm