News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Advertising stickers

Started by malj1, August 24, 2017, 06:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORGENSTERNN

Quote from: gerard974 on September 29, 2017, 09:57:24 AM
hello
the two 10 french coins are for the same department "VAR" maybee is more coins in this department than other ?
best regards  Gerard
Hello Gerard
Those coins are from "Var" because I was living there...
There is more examples from "Haute Garronne" because the printers were from Toulouse (in this department)
Regards

gerard974

hello
i understand
the Var is one very nice department ,you know why ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? because i was born in
is just a joke but is realy that i was born in
Gerard

Figleaf

And the department is well known for its independence. It has its own navy, rugby team, wine, language and ... money ;)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

gerard974

hello Peter
you have forgot me
Best regards  gerard

Henk

A picture of one of the earlier stickers, a bit of advertising but principally a warning that it concers a "rijksdaalder"  i.e. f 2,50 and not a 1 Gulden coin. The coin is a 1969 nickel Juliana rijksdaalder, the first year of issue.

malj1

That is interesting as you mentioned previously that there was a difference of only 4mm leading to confusion.

See Re: The decimal coinage of Australia where is remarked "....the Australians often mistook the 50 cents for a 20 cents coin, which was 3 mm narrower in diameter. As a result, trials were performed to find a more satisfactory coin."

<k> seemed surprised at our confusion and perhaps time to get used to the new coins would have helped as I see New Zealand managed to carry on with their very similar sized coins. (now downsized of course)
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Figleaf

For perspective: euro coins of the same colour are 2.5 mm apart and nobody is complaining...

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

redwine

I've never understood why they haven't issued different denomination coins in different colours. :-\
Always willing to trade.  See my profile for areas of interest.

malj1

At dusk all cats are grey!   ;D

A good scheme except for those that are colour-blind of course.  ::)
Malcolm

redwine

I'm not allowed out after dark!  >:D

Different metal, size, design, shape and colour - simple. 
A mate of mine has a small strip of magnetised something or other in his man purse.  All the lower eurocent denominations stick to it.

Covers all the bases: blind, colour blind, dyslexia...........

redwine

A couple more stuck on the 10 Francs Mathieu 1974-1987

malj1

See the latter token for optique and surdite and compare with your previous post: "Covers all the bases: blind, colour blind, dyslexia..........." ???

They will have to get their spectacles on to read it though!

Reminds one of the saying: "None so blind as those that won't see. "  8)

Malcolm

redwine

Luminescence is the key!  ;D 

Henk

The first stickered coin I have seen from Hungary. Sticker on a 10 Forint coin.
Szeged Plaza is a shopping centre in the Hungarian city of Szeged. and ELDORADO is one of the shops there.

brandm24

I've seen a fair number of stickered coins, but they're far from a popular collector's item in the US. I have just these two, both from coin dealers.

The Coins Wanted example I traced to Fairborn, Ohio through the phone number. Apparently, there's no brick and mortar store there...at least I couldn't find one. This one is on a 1981 Kennedy Half Dollar.

As the sticker says on Hauser's piece, they have two locations in Florida, Clearwater and Lakeland. This advertising is an a 2000 Sac Dollar.

Bruce
Always Faithful