News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Byzantium

Started by bigsoldier, June 25, 2017, 09:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsoldier

Quote from: capnbirdseye on June 27, 2017, 10:32:51 AM

I used a free to download program  called PhotoScape which does practically everything that expensive apps like Photoshop can do such as removing your hand from your coin and attempting to give it better colouring which was not so easy as your photo is far too yellow

nice i am gonna download it now.thx
wish me luck

bigsoldier

i think i did it.

wish me luck

bigsoldier

another one
wish me luck

Figleaf

Good progress. It is useful to think of the person you want to use your picture. The first picture (23k) is very small. The design is clear but the letters are not. It is excellent for an inventory, a sales list or any other situation in which the coin is already identified.

The second picture is much heavier (103k), but every detail is clear and sharp. This is a perfect picture for identification.

The third picture is very large but of about the same weight (108k) as the previous one. Its details are blurred and it is larger than most computer screens. Though the picture is larger, it is actually less useful for identification or for illustration than the two first pictures.

I like the bread stamp! See here for a modern version.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

malj1

Quote from: bigsoldier on June 25, 2017, 09:44:52 PM
hello dear friends i am new here..

i joined here to have good friends.

i hunted a few coins last week and waiting your comments about them specify.and a baker signet also.

thank you all.

https://ibb.co/kPbxXk

https://ibb.co/eizvJQ

omg ıt is very hard to upload a photo to this side i think i will not use here to communicate.here is not a usuable forum.

Here are your two picture from this first post.  ....using a bit of trickery.  ;D
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

bigsoldier

Quote from: malj1 on June 28, 2017, 02:22:25 PM
Here are your two picture from this first post.  ....using a bit of trickery.  ;D

nice well done :)
wish me luck

bigsoldier

Quote from: Figleaf on June 28, 2017, 12:33:25 PM
Good progress. It is useful to think of the person you want to use your picture. The first picture (23k) is very small. The design is clear but the letters are not. It is excellent for an inventory, a sales list or any other situation in which the coin is already identified.

The second picture is much heavier (103k), but every detail is clear and sharp. This is a perfect picture for identification.

The third picture is very large but of about the same weight (108k) as the previous one. Its details are blurred and it is larger than most computer screens. Though the picture is larger, it is actually less useful for identification or for illustration than the two first pictures.

I like the bread stamp! See here for a modern version.

Peter

thank you will be better about it day by day :)
wish me luck

bigsoldier

my other finds one bronze knecklace and earing

and 2 silver ottoman coins 300 years old.
wish me luck

Figleaf

I presume the coin is an akçe? Is it identified? If not, can you post it in a separate thread, please?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

bigsoldier

Quote from: Figleaf on July 01, 2017, 09:40:12 AM
I presume the coin is an akçe? Is it identified? If not, can you post it in a separate thread, please?

Peter

yes they are akçe
wish me luck

bigsoldier

found and mysterious cross yesterday bronze..

and a name wiritten on it.

can anyone read the name?
wish me luck

Figleaf

I would turn it 90° counter-clockwise and assume the text is Greek. Something like ΚΡΑΑΝς ?

Peter

bigsoldier

Quote from: Figleaf on July 06, 2017, 10:25:00 PM
I would turn it 90° counter-clockwise and assume the text is Greek. Something like ΚΡΑΑΝς ?

Peter

intresting name.or maybe it was representing something.
wish me luck

Figleaf

It means cranes (the birds) in English. A symbol of elegance in Asian cultures, fertility in European cultures. Keep in mind that my reading is somewhat speculative, especially where the N is concerned.

Peter

bigsoldier

Quote from: Figleaf on July 07, 2017, 12:10:31 AM
It means cranes (the birds) in English. A symbol of elegance in Asian cultures, fertility in European cultures. Keep in mind that my reading is somewhat speculative, especially where the N is concerned.

Peter

thnk you so much
wish me luck