Salon Du Phonographe

Started by malj1, January 25, 2013, 04:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malj1

Another added today from Brussels.   :P

Salon Du Phonographe 109, Boulevard Ansbasch Bruxelles ℞. Les Disques Pathe chantent sans aiguille

Nickel 22.7mm  ...another is known from Brussels in a larger size, 26mm, and bears the engravers name near the edge of the globe; Paul Fison.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

redwine

Thought you'd enjoy this Mal  ;D
It is complete but didn't fit on the scanner  :-\ 
Always willing to trade.  See my profile for areas of interest.

malj1

It appears you have a few shares in Pathe!  :P I have never been so fortunate.  8)
Malcolm

malj1

After a great hiatus a new one added to my Pathe collection.

Salon Du Pathe Concert 64, Rue de la Victoire Paris ℞. Les Disques Pathe chantent sans aiguille Nickel 23mm # 47.1.1
Malcolm

Figleaf

Wouldn't they make a spectacular WoT page sometime? Only Amsterdam would be missing...

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

malj1

Have yet to find Amsterdam and Budapest while there is another Brussels in a larger size, yet more Italian town pieces exist I believe.

Then too there is a nice one with a cockerel see Reply #24 I have one type but not this one.

My collection of these can be seen here
Malcolm

redwine

maxmissy

Another Salon du phonographe with a cockerel ( engraved )

maxmissy

And now, a famous puppy :

Figleaf

Quote from: maxmissy on January 18, 2017, 06:49:16 PM
Another Salon du phonographe with a cockerel ( engraved )

Are you sure it's engraved? I see signs of brockage.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

malj1

Quote from: Figleaf on January 18, 2017, 08:07:21 PM
Peter

My one is also incuse but no sign of the mirror image this time.
Malcolm

constanius

Quote from: Figleaf on January 18, 2017, 08:07:21 PM

Peter

This image proves you are correct re brokage Peter.

Pat

redwine

Nice one guys.   8)
I suppose it also gives an insight in to how they were made.

constanius

On second thoughts, it is a die clash error.
Definition of a die clash error this occurs when the dies come together in the coining press without a planchet between them. This causes an imprint of each die to be left on the opposing die face

The dies  have been struck with no planchet between them.  As only one side shows the mirror ghost image the other die must have been changed or repaired.

BROCKAGE: A struck coin/medal/token exhibiting an error caused by the failure of the coin press to release the previous coin from the die before striking it. The design from the first coin is imprinted, sunken in reverse, on the second coin. Brockage coins/medals/tokens appear to have the same design on both sides with one side showing a reverse or mirror strike which, because the previous coin/medal/token acts as the die, does not usually have the same quality of detail.

Brockage of the obverse of BHM #800, The Restoration of the Bourbon Dynasty 1814, struck on an undersized(24mm) & thinner planchet than usual.
Uniformed bust of Louis XVIII bare head facing. LOUIS XVIII RESTORED MAR. 31. 1814 Br. 25 by T. Kettle R. but of course this example is of the highest rarity & might well be unique.

Pat

malj1

Another Pathe added today;

Saloni del Pathefono - Napoli.Milano.Torino. Brass, 23mm
Malcolm