Readers Digest advertising tokens

Started by Prosit, May 01, 2011, 11:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosit

There are certainly more RD tokens than i ever imagined.

Dale

redwine

Quote from: bagerap on June 28, 2015, 11:31:43 PM
I can't remember if I've asked this before but, has anyone ever seen a Reader's Digest coin change hands for real money? Other than in the usual mixed lot wherein I suspect most people find them.

I do that all the time!  >:D
I have some more new pieces somewhere.............. but I'm not entirely convinced they were RD as advertised.  :-[
Always willing to trade.  See my profile for areas of interest.

malj1

Another batch of ten RD tokens received today in a job lot of tokens, but I was extremely lucky as one of the is a gold ingot   :o  but that same old number 1-06311 !  ;D 28X13mm

Also two other items we haven't seen before on this thread a nickel plated steel 02664 30.8mm and an aluminium 04254 31mm.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

malj1

Also included in that previous job lot was a lovely almost mint example of the £12.97 thank you token that we don't yet have displayed here.
Malcolm

redwine

redwine

These were advertised as RD, not sure :-\
Bought them anyway  ;D

malj1

They are all obvious replicas but I don't see any indication of where they originated. Its quite possible that they are a set put out by RD.

I do think I have seen the one with Arabic legends before.  ???
Malcolm

malj1

Another RD, a tiny 20mm item in aluminium with a gold colouring over it.
Malcolm

redwine

Figleaf

Quote from: malj1 on December 18, 2015, 10:56:19 AM
They are all obvious replicas but I don't see any indication of where they originated. Its quite possible that they are a set put out by RD.

Gave them a look over. Those I could identify (am far from my library) are all Spanish or connected to Spain, so I doubt the series is RD.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

redwine

Wise person  ;)
Such as my good self  ::)  :-*

malj1

Here is a latest acquisition, an Austrian coin replica liberally coated with RD glue where presumably it was adhered to a promotional letter.  :P  2.3g even with the glue!

See Reply #126
Malcolm

Figleaf

Great mop of RD-glue :) See reply #70 for the no-date variant.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

malj1

I should also mention all these that I have looked at today have a steel or iron core under the various colours of plating and stick to a magnet so no doubt all of these replicas are magnetic.
Malcolm