Voting 2015

Started by Figleaf, January 11, 2015, 11:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which articles posted in 2015 should be included on the Best of WoC board?

Sima-sen groups
17 (41.5%)
Silver rupees of Shah Jahan
24 (58.5%)
The Netherlands: Collectors Coins 2004-2011
18 (43.9%)
A deity worthy of respect
21 (51.2%)
Nguyen Phuc Anh: from fugitive to emperor of a united Vietnam
16 (39%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: January 01, 2016, 08:47:14 PM

Figleaf

The most important guidelines and rules in short:

• Any article can be nominated by any member
  • All members have five votes
  • Vote with your head, not with your heart. The only thing that counts is quality
  • The threshold in 2015 is (16* x number of votes)/(number of nominations)
  • Plagiarism disqualifies.
For more words, look at the other sticky on this board here

Peter

* 0.5% of membership
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Figleaf

What is the best Christmas present for a WoC member? A WoC gold or silver "best of" medal! This year, it is possible for four members:

bgriff99, Shima-sen groups
mitresh, Silver rupees of Shah Jahan
Niels, The Netherlands: Collectors Coins 2004-2011
TIF, A Deity Worthy of Respect
bgriff99, Nguyen Phuc Anh: from fugitive to emperor of a united Vietnam

If both his articles hit the threshold before the year is over, Bruce wins a gold medal. If mitresh sees his article selected, he's a gold medal winner also, because he won a silver medal last year. The others are potential silver medal winners, but whether they win our medal depends on

YOU

because they need 16*5/5 = 16 votes. You have five votes to express your appreciation for these extraordinary good articles. Use them well.

Did you forget to nominate an article? Be quick, nominate before Monday 21 and we can still add it to the competition. Don't worry if you have already voted and a new nomination appears. You can at any time cancel your vote and start over.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Figleaf

We have three voters and three votes. That may have been your intention, or you may have overlooked that

YOU HAVE 5 VOTES

If you want to add more votes, just cancel your earlier vote and start again.

Peter

Bimat

Peter,

While the idea of selecting the best topic(s) is excellent, I think it's bit flawed as there are 5 options and you can cast 5 votes. I think that needs to be fixed as we might end up in having all topics with equal number of votes (just a possibility).

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Figleaf

There is no first or last place. The only question is if an article qualifies to be called "best of World of Coins". That filter is necessary, because anyone can nominate, so the membership at large can filter out those who didn't make the mark. So far, all nominations made it. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Peter

<k>

But WHERE has the poll gone? I'm sure it was at the top of this topic, last time I looked.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

Gusev

I also do not see the poll.  ???
Earlier poll I've seen.
"Those at the top of the mountain didn't fall there."- Marcus Washling.

<k>

My guess is that some moderator has clicked on "Remove poll" instead of "Remove vote". Not me, though - I was happy with my votes from earlier in the year.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

Figleaf

Not a big issue. I can resurrect the poll, but not the votes. Apologies to those who already voted. Please try again.

Peter (who remembers with anguish he once deleted two distinguished members with his fat fingers).

Gusev

Quote from: <k> on December 18, 2015, 08:36:46 PM
My guess is that some moderator has clicked on "Remove poll" instead of "Remove vote". Not me, though - I was happy with my votes from earlier in the year.
Oh, my God. I have already started to celebrate day of St. Nicholas, and I could do it by accident.
Peter, I'm sorry. :'(

Figleaf

Maybe. It's not important. What's important is to get people to vote.

However, just in case, I would recommend that you pursue your St. Nicholas celebrations with a mild Dutch tradition. :D

Peter

Gusev

Quote from: Figleaf on December 18, 2015, 09:10:24 PMHowever, just in case, I would recommend that you pursue your St. Nicholas celebrations with a mild Dutch tradition. :D
Thank you for this advice. It must be tasty. I'm not familiar with the Dutch kitchen.

Figleaf

We started out well, but the voting is stagnating now. Let's get some more votes out. The nominated articles deserve it!

Peter

Figleaf

Voting is very slow. At this pace, nobody will win a medal. You can't vote early and often any more; it's late already. Among over 3800 members, we should be able to find 20 or so who are willing to vote. Give it a try. Read those articles, decide who deserves a compliment and VOTE.

pretty please

Peter

malj1

As all the topics are outside of my subject and collecting interests I don't feel I can differentiate between these.  :(
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.