Akbar, Half Dam, Hisar Firoza Mint, KM# 22.19

Started by Saikat, May 23, 2015, 10:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saikat

Hi,
Attaching a nisfi of Akbar. The mint as visible reads Hisar. I could not find a coin with Hisar mint in KM. I found Hisar Firoza (KM# 22.19) though. Also need to know the year of the coin. I think I can read 96x in numeral in the reverse.
Thanks,
Saikat

abhinumis

The coin is of Hissar Firoza with firoza completely off flan. The date could be 966,967 or 968Ah
Dr.Abhishek

Saikat

Thank you Dada. That means it is identified as KM# 22.19.
Saikat.

asm

Abhishek,

You are the boss but did you consider Hazrat i/o Hissar and the date too is odd. Looks more like (9)96 than 96X thought the chances of that date are extremely low........

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

abhinumis

This is definitely Hissar Firoza..  In case of Hazrat , there should have been a 're' succeeding 'Zuad'.. But here a clear 'alif' is seen after what has to be a 'swad' making it hissar.. And about the date one can see 9 and 6 together and 8 higher up and as such sashtad wa hast is clear making the date 968Ah
Dr.Abhishek

abhinumis

Here is how 'Hisar' is written , observe the date, 968.... There is no space to write the firoza part, otherwise I would have demonstrated it as well
Dr.Abhishek

abhinumis

Here is a similiar half dam of mine.. One can see part of firoza above hissar. This onedated 967Ah
Dr.Abhishek

abhinumis

Another half dam showing almost complete mint name
Dr.Abhishek

Saikat

I wanted to show my latest acquisition!
Wt:  9.91g,
Hisar Firuza mint visible
Date: AH 965

Thanks,
Saikat

Figleaf

An exemplary coin. You developed so much since you started this thread in 2015, Saikat. Congratulations.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.