News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Pachink token G

Started by Figleaf, January 05, 2015, 12:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

Got these two at about the same time, but from different sources. It wasn't until I noticed the L on the small token that I could lose the nagging feeling they were somehow connected.

The bimetallic token was found on the floor of an airport in Japan. The bronzed token came from the UK. I take them both for machine tokens.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

malj1

The first piece may for the Japanese "Pachinko" Slot Machines.  (Japanese Arcade Tokens)

The second is new to me what is on the other side? There is a GL listed in Hayes with a Eurocoin reverse.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Figleaf

Sorry. Forgot to mention. Both sides on both tokens are the same. Bimetallic is 25 mm. The small token is 20 mm. Maybe too small for eurocoin? Pachinko came to mind, but a) thought the machines took coins only (your link shows a fruit machine, not a pachinko machine), b) it looks more like euro than like yen and c) an airport is an international place. Not much to go on ...

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Afrasi

There is something inside the "G" at the bimetallic coin. A "9"?

Figleaf

Token in hand, it is an oval. It is highly likely to be part of the outline of the G, just like the funny shape sticking upward in the centre of the G. I am afraid this will remain one of my mystery items...

Peter

Figleaf

Identified the small token. It's a coffee machine token from the Dutch transport firm Van Gend & Loos that died in 2003. Kooij KB170.2, struck by the Utrecht Mint, 1959/1964.

Peter

malj1

That is good to know.

You did tell me there are a lot of Dutch coffee tokens.  ;D
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.