News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Gettone per Apparecchi Elettrici

Started by FosseWay, August 14, 2014, 10:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FosseWay

This is an Italian amusement arcade token ("token for electrical appliances") and in itself is not especially unusual or hard to place in terms of how it was used. There are a number of others with a similar sailing boat and variations on the words "Gettone Apparecchi Elettrici".

But where was it used? I can find no record of a place called Misano in Forlì province (FO). There is indeed a place called Misano (in full Misano Adriatico) not very far away but it is in Rimini province.

Steel, 24,8 mm, 6,36 g

Figleaf

From the Italian version of Wikipedia:

From a historical point of view, however, the province was born under the Kingdom of Italy with the name of the Province of Forlì and included the territory of Rimini. Only after the establishment (in 1992) of the Province of Rimini, the remaining territory assumed the current name of the province of Forlì-Cesena.

In 1992, the code FO was changed to FC.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

malj1

So issued before 1992.

Investigation of the telephone numbers may jelp indicate a date that this style of number was used.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

FosseWay

Aha, many thanks. Nice to have a terminus ante quem for when it was used into the bargain!