News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

identification please

Started by legio, February 20, 2014, 09:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

legio

please can anyone identify ,this token/coin/medal ...its not in the best condition but im hopefull thanks in advance

found this coin in the back of a till, obviously is been lost in there without a care but on close inspection its from the 1600's?? Would love it if someone could help identify. Its got H S written at the top with the crown in the middle and also what looks like 1664/1684. On the back, I cant help but think it looks like a group of runners? But could be anything. Soildiers?

regards legio

Figleaf

Looks like a metal detector find. The runners clothes are far too modern for the 17th century. Take into account that the date may be a date of establishment or a commemorative date. I agree on HS separated by a crown. Below, I read 169(2?) separated by a device, possibly a heraldic rose, in a wreath.

If I had too guess I would say military or police athletic prize medal, around 1950. Looks UK to me.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

davidrj

The style looks 20th century to me. Possibly a sports day prize medal ?King Henry VIII School

David

legio

thanks for answers so far , i was thinking hs might stand for high school...i will try and research more ...but now you mention it ,figures do look 20th century