News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Comments on "Wildlife of the Seychelles"

Started by Harry, August 20, 2013, 03:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Very cool presentation.  I really like the way you added actual photographs along side the coins! Keep it coming!

Fabulous coins!
Collector of British India, Straits Settlements, Malaya, East Africa coins and papermoney

Figleaf

Might the 2016 series be the only coins with a text in Creole?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

<k>

Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

quaziright

Quote from: <k> on July 01, 2020, 07:47:30 PM

Reverse of the 1 cent coin.

The reverse of the 1 cent coin features a Gardiner's frog (Sooglossus gardineri).

The coins feature the names of their featured wildlife in three forms.

First you see the English name, followed by the name in Seychellois creole, and finally the scientific name.

Looks like French to me

Big_M

Quote from: Figleaf on July 02, 2020, 11:45:23 AM
Might the 2016 series be the only coins with a text in Creole?

Peter

The commemorative series from 1986 (independence anniversary), 1987 (liberation (= coup d'état) anniversary) and 1988 (central bank anniversary) also have text in Creole along with English.

<k>

Seychelles, 5 cents, 2007.

A honey-combed texture appears on this product of the Pobjoy Mint.

Does anybody know why?

Big_M

Quote from: <k> on May 31, 2023, 07:32:55 PMA honey-combed texture appears on this product of the Pobjoy Mint.

Does anybody know why?
The picture might show a coin not removed from a BU set, this would be the texture of the plastic holder.

<k>

Quote from: Big_M on May 31, 2023, 11:22:57 PMThe picture might show a coin not removed from a BU set, this would be the texture of the plastic holder.

I see. That's an ingenious thought.

Offa

I visited mahe on board HMS Mohawk, I immediately fell in love with the islands and the flora and fauna
All coins are equal but some are more equal than others