Jets on coins

Started by Bimat, May 03, 2009, 10:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimat

N Korea ½ chon 2002.jpg

North Korea also had a FAO issue in 2002 with jet plane on reverse side. (Denomination : Half Chon,KM# 194). Here is a pic.

If I am asked to choose one best FAO coin,I will choose one from this series from N.Korea.

These coins are struck at Pobjoy mint (Correct me if I a wrong)
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

chrisild

According to the Schön catalog, that FAO set (seven coins) was minted in Kremnica, SK.

Christian

Figleaf

I am hard pressed to see the connection between food security and airplanes, unless the N. Koreans mean that since their system is systematically unable to grow enough food for the population, food security means compulsory food aid ;)

Does Schön mention the type of aircraft? At first sight it looks like an ancient French Caravelle, but the wing tips are al wrong ...

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

chrisild

No type specified in the catalog. However, the other coins in that series have transportation related designs too: a galley, a Viking ship, a train, this aircraft (those four are 0.50 jeon coins), a steam locomotive (1.00) and cars (1.00 and 2.00). Will refrain from any comment about the galley ... ;)

Christian

Figleaf

AirbusA380.jpg

Germany 10e 2009.jpg

Here's my latest aircraft on a coin, an airbus A380, the pride of the Airbus fleet. In the other fields you can see a Concorde, a Zeppelin, a helicopter, the ISS, a balloon, Lilienthal's glider. I believe the balloon is the Montgolfier and the helicopter may be a Sikorski S 55. The bat wing left below could be a reference to Icarus.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

<k>

Ukraine.jpg

Ukraine, 2 Hryvni, 2005.  75th anniversary of the Zhukovsky Aerospace University.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

paisepagal

Ukrainii Pyat

This is coin commemorating great aircraft designer Oleh Antonov and aircrafts factory which bears his name:

Донецк Украина Donets'k Ukraine

<k>

Switzerland 20F 2009.jpg

Switzerland, 20 francs, 2009.  Swiss Museum of Transport.

<k>

France 20e 2010 Marcel Dassault.jpg

France, 20 euro, 2010.  Marcel Dassault.

<k>

Canada 2012 50c.jpg

Canada, 50 cents, 2012.  The Winnipeg Jets.

<k>

Austria 100S 2001.jpg

Austria, 100 Schilling, 2001.  Mobility.

<k>

France 10e 2009.jpg

France, 10 euros, 2009.  40th anniversary of Concorde.

<k>

Iraq, 1 dinar, 1982.  50th Anniversary of the Iraqi Air Force.  Portrait of Saddam Hussein.

SquareEarth

500 Yen Japan
Kansai International Airport

Unknown Aircraft :-[
There is one extra plane on the other side of the coin.
Tong Bao_Tsuho_Tong Bo_Thong Bao