One of a kind: Rejections!

Started by <k>, February 03, 2012, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natko

Quote from: coffeetime on February 27, 2012, 12:55:04 PM
Your reference to ASCII has confused me. I think you really just mean a design that is made out of letters. Here is a UK two pound coin celebrating Charles Dickens. His profile is made of the titles of his books.

Simply the image made up of ascii codes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII_art

Although there are no hidden eyes, noses etc that you will not see at the glance, I admit, Dickens coin is same thing, so this is rejected as unique.  :'(

<k>

Bhutan 200 ngultrum 1981~.jpg

Bhutan,200 ngultrums, 1981 - International Year of the Disabled.

Look, a typewriter!  Where else have you seen a typewriter on a coin?
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

malj1

Presumably a braille typewriter.

A check with coins having braille might reveal more...
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

chrisild

Right, but those (and also coins featuring computers) would not be "unique". So we would not want them in a "One of a kind" topic. ;)

Christian

<k>

Quote from: chrisild on February 03, 2012, 04:18:54 PMHmm, this one?

Christian

Another rejection. Mozambique issued this 2 meticais coin depicting a coelacanth as part of its new design series in 2006. Admittedly it took me several months to spot this.

<k>

Here's the coin I posted in the "One of a kind" topic many months ago.

Transnistria, 10 roubles, 2011.  Death's-head hawk moth and caterpillar.

I now find that a caterpillar on a coin  is not unique.

Bimat

Hungary 5000 Forint (2012): József Reményi

Perhaps the only coin commemorating a coin designer? József Reményi designed the first fillér coins (post WW II)..

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

<k>

Hmm, a tricky one. Martin Coles Harman designed his own portrait on the puffin and half puffin - but they were just tokens, of course.

Bimat

Not very sure if it fits here so I'll take a chance..

South Africa 5 Rand (2011): 90 Years of Central Bank. Only bimetallic coin showing another bimetallic coin on it? (5 Rand 2009, Nelson Mandela)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

Hmm so we have two entries which are quite close to each other... ;)

I'm still trying to understand connection between Ugandan Shilling and Euro though. :D

Aditya

andyg

Quote from: <k> on November 16, 2012, 07:53:08 PM
Quite possibly, but I can go one better: the only bimetallic coin, represented in bimetal, on a coin (albeit a monometallic one):

North Korea did something similar, Christian posted picture here -
http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,5221.msg32433.html#msg32433
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

<k>

So that means Bimat's entry is now rejected.

Mine is not, because it's the only coin on which a bimetallic coin is represented in bimetal.

andyg

whilst looking for two metal coins on coins (found a French one from 2002 as well) I found these -
http://www.ma-shops.com/kinzel/item.php5?id=145&lang=en
colour banknotes on coins... (whatever next!)
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

<k>

chrisild

Quote from: Bimat on November 15, 2012, 03:45:34 PM
Perhaps the only coin commemorating a coin designer? József Reményi designed the first fillér coins (post WW II)..

Yes, may well be so. Famous older designs are fairly often "honored" on modern coins, but that is usually done by depicting the coin or parts of it, not by showing the artist ...

What the Swiss mint did in 2009 was similar but not quite it: They wanted to issue a gold coin dedicated to the 100th anniversary of Pro Patria - and the mint picked a designer of the very same age: Hans Erni was 100 years old then, is 103 now and alive and active. :) Here is a short video from 2009 (in German) that shows Erni and his design.

Christian