Aurangzeb Rupee, Shahjahanabad, KM 300.81, AH 1116/RY 49.

Started by Ansari, August 13, 2012, 06:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansari

Aurangzeb Rupee
Shahjahanabad, KM 300.81, AH 1116/RY 49.
11.45 grams

http://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=114679

Md. Shariful Islam

Very nice coin Tariq. I have little knowledge about these coins but love to watch the beauties of great Mughal. I am proud to have a few of them. Aurongjeb is still to collect. BTW will you give the illustration of the texts of this coin? That will be helpful for us to read them. Thanks in advance.

Islam

Ansari

Thanks, actually this is an UNC coin with good lusture but scanner is unable to catch the same. I ll try to post pic taken with camera that will show its true beauty.

Yes sure soon i will illustrate over this coin.

PeaceBD

That is a beautiful coin with both dates and mintname. TFS.

Bhushan

abhinumis

I picked up my piece too with Tariq with 1117/49 combination. The coins were UNC with awesome condition. This has the Badr-e-munir couplet of aurangzeb which is the commonly found. Mintmark for shahjahanabad is the grass like motif in the 'seen'.. Really great tariq!!
Dr.Abhishek

Md. Shariful Islam

Quote from: abhinumis on August 19, 2012, 11:00:03 AM
I picked up my piece too with Tariq with 1117/49 combination. The coins were UNC with awesome condition. This has the Badr-e-munir couplet of aurangzeb which is the commonly found. Mintmark for shahjahanabad is the grass like motif in the 'seen'.. Really great tariq!!

Happy to see the result of cooperation. But still boundary is a problem for many like me. Long live cooperation and friendship.

Islam

Ansari

Here is the Bard-e-Munir couplet on Obverse.
Sikka Zad Dar Jahan Cho Badr-e-munir Shah Aurangzeb Alamgir.
Stamped coin, in the world, like the bright full Moon, Emperor Aurangzeb Alamgir.

Here are the mint marks for Shahjahanabad.

Oesho

Quotethe Bard-e-Munir couplet
A minor typo the badr-e-munir couplet.
The mintmarks for Shahjahanabad as shown above apply only for the time of Shah Alam II, thus not for the period of Aurangzeb Alamgir.