Author Topic: Tatarstan coins  (Read 3932 times)

Offline malawi

Tatarstan coins
« on: May 20, 2011, 05:03:03 PM »
hello friends
a question :
i know exist a coin set for circulation dated 1993 ( 3 coins ) , and now is used in Tatarstan the russian coins .
But i have see in internet a coin set ( 7 coins   ) dated 2008 with drawings of animals , and a bimetallic coin ( 10 rubli ) with Tatarstan coat of arm .
I searched in the site of russian and Tatarstan central bank and i have find the 10 rubli coin ,so it is legal tender , but i have not found anything about coin set !
I know this set is not for circulation , but is minted by russian mint or is minted by private mint ??  ( in this second case coins are illegal , like Kurdistan , Darfur , Palestine ecc coin set )

Offline Afrasi

• Honorary Member
  • To do is to doo be dooh ...
Re: Tatarstan coins
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 06:38:12 PM »
That link doesn't help him. He is asking about the series of 2008. But I cannot help with informations, too. Sorry!.

Offline ciscoins

• Coins of CIS and Baltic countries
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 09:02:37 PM »
There wasn't much information about this issue even in Russia. I've found only one article. Sorry, I don't have it in English. It is only available in automatic translation.
Ivan
Moscow, Russia

Offline andyg

• Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • DERBYS · UK
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 09:11:05 PM »
Do you know about the 2008 issues?

I think they are privately produced patterns, probably from the US.

Ebay link
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

Offline ciscoins

• Coins of CIS and Baltic countries
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 09:15:44 PM »
Yes I've seen them. There's no chance that it can be an official issue. But no one knows where they were produced. One version is that they are from China, like many other fakes.
Ivan
Moscow, Russia

Offline andyg

• Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • DERBYS · UK
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 09:23:30 PM »
not all are from China,
see this recent thread.

Can't find anything on who profuced these Tatarstan coins though.
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

Offline <k>

• Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 10:25:39 PM »
Just found some on ebay. Polar bear, fox. Plus obverse.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tatarstan-2008-Beer-Fox-Set-2-Coins-3-10Rbs-/380281863324?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588a90bc9c

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TATARSTAN-set-7-coins-ANIMALS-2008r-RRR-/350457583593?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_212&hash=item5198e657e9

Wolf, golden eagle, owl, rabbit and reindeer.

http://en.numista.com/catalogue/tatarstan-1.html

TATARSTAN 7 Coins 2008 UNC Set Wildlife

This 2008 dated seven coin set from the Republic of Tatarstan features native wildlife. With the collapse, Tatarstan declared itself independent. After much political maneuvering, it became a Federal Republic within the Russian Federation, thus possessing a large degree of autonomy. This unofficial set from the Republic of Tatarstan includes the 10 Kopecks picturing an owl, a 15 Kopecks with a rabbit, a Golden Eagle on the 50 Kopecks, a Red Deer on the 1 Ruble, a Red Fox on the 3 Rubles, a Gray Wolf on the 5 Rubles, and a bear on the 10 Rubles. The obverse of each coin features the stylized winged lion from the Tatarstan arms. Only 2000 sets were minted. The coins are Uncirculated, though are poorly struck.

Mintage: 2,000 sets only.

Republic of Tatarstan is a federal subject of the Russian Federation (a republic). Its size is 68,000 km² with a population of 3,800,000. Its capital is Kazan.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/tatarstan-coins-2008-unc-set-wildlife-68236351

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 10:55:13 PM by coffeetime »
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

Offline FosseWay

• Honorary Member
  • Göteborg, Sverige
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 10:49:39 PM »
It's odd that the name of the state is in a different language from the denomination. 'Tatarstan Republikasi' is Tatar, but the forms of the word for rouble(s) follow correct Russian grammar (1 rubl', 2/3 rublya, 5+ rublei). You'd have thought that even if they called the unit the rouble, it would have a Tatar spelling and plural conventions. Compare pre-euro Belgium, where Dutch-language coins had the denomination in franken and the Francophone ones in francs.

Offline malawi

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 12:20:08 AM »
thanks for info !

so the coin set with animals dated 2008 is a pseudo coin set like Kurdistan , Darfur etc

the only coin lagal tender is 10 roubles minted by the russian mint to celebrate the federative republic of Tatarstan !!! ( i want to buy one )

http://www.blackmountaincoins.com/p/BMC/c-ASIA-COINS/2005_RUS_00932.html