tough cookie 3

Started by Figleaf, November 10, 2007, 07:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

Maybe I shouldn't have looked at Bundi so long, because that was my first impression. The more I look at this one, the less I see. It's copper, 10.9 gram, about 20 x 13 mm and about 5 mm thick.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Rangnath

How are you taking the image?  Camera?  You are picking up so much surface degradation that it is difficult to discern the pattern.  What if you employed one directional light source at say 15 degrees to horizontal or early morning or late evening sun, so that the raised portions of the coin caste a more definite shadow. 

Figleaf

I am using a scanner. I do have a digital camera, but is not equipped for macro pictures. I'd have to visit a friend in another part of the country to have a picture made.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Figleaf

Could this be a late 19th century 1/2 paisa of Lunavada? I think I can see a hand on the lower illustration...

Peter

Rangnath

The weight range for the 1/2 paisa seems to be around 3.5 to 4 grams. The fingers of the "hand" seem splayed from Lunavada and perpendicular on your coin.  I don't see a fit Peter. 
richie

Figleaf

Here's an attempt to clarify the picture. The lines on the coins are thicker. The coin may have been counterstamped (blue circle),

Peter

Rangnath

Hi Peter,
I suspect I'll have more time for this one later in the week. 
I like your diagram and I'm sending it to our local Lacross team for examination.  ::)
Richie