Author Topic: Poland 2 zlote 2011  (Read 4503 times)

Numismaticavisual

Poland 2 zlote 2011
« on: March 07, 2011, 07:21:54 PM »

issued so far.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Poland 2 zlote 2011
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:31:59 AM »
As there was no Wiki lemma for Zofia Stryjenska, I created one from the Polish version, mentioning this coin. I do not have the patience to link to the illustrations in the Polish version or add a picture of the coin, so I would appreciate if anyone wants to complement the lemma with such illustrations.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Poland 2 zlote 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 07:02:11 AM »
I have the one showing European Badger. (And also previous two issues showing Green Lizard and Horseshoe Bat). Now hunting for the rest of the issues.. :D

An interesting thing about these 2 Zloty commemorative coins is that there are about 20 issues every year, and most of them are easily available (Painters' series, Kings of Poland series etc) but the 'Animals of Europe' series is the most demanded one. These coins disappear so quickly! It's now almost impossible to get a 10 year old coin from that series below $100.  ::)

BTW, the complete list of 2 Zloty commemorative coins to be issued in 2011 can be found here :

http://www.nbp.pl/homen.aspx?f=/en/banknoty/kolekcjonerskie/schedule.html

Aditya
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 08:14:15 AM by Bimat »
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »
Here is a new one - on 1 July the six-month Polish Presidency of the Council of the European Union begins, and Poland issues a three-coin set on this occasion. Attached is an image of the 2 zl coin which can be had at face value. The other pieces are a 10 zl silver coin and a 100 zl gold piece.

All coins have the logo of the Presidency (see http://www.pl2011.eu/). More information, and further images, are here:
http://www.nbp.pl/homen.aspx?f=/en/banknoty/kolekcjonerskie/2011.html#07

Seems that two people walking hand in hand are popular when it comes to abstract European coin themes. (Yeah, and maps too.) Remember these two, from one of the 2 commem designs? :) Still, I am happy to see that the designs are not just the logo.

Christian

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 09:59:22 PM »
This may be the most modern design ever to have come out of Poland. The symbolism could have been clearer, but I like the artistic progress.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Poland 2 zlote 2011
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 03:17:29 PM »
Next planned issue:

Series: Cities and towns in Poland - Gdynia

27 mm, 8.15 grams, Mintage: 800,000.

High resolution images can be found here.

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »
Not exactly the same angle, but interesting to see how the private yacht port has been photoshopped out. I wonder what happened to the tower. The three-master near the centre is "Dar Pomoza", which has figured on a few other other Polish coin. This will be a good future trivia question... :)

Peter

Offline dzuljano

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 09:21:46 PM »
i want to ask..are these 2 zloty commemorative coins circulation coins??? the mintage looks like that circulation, but it different from simple 2 zloty design .. thank you for answering :)

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 09:50:08 PM »
Sort of in between. They can be obtained at face value from banks, but don't circulate in practice, because demand from collectors and speculators exceeds supply.

Peter

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Poland 2 zlote 2011
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 04:58:31 PM »
Recent two issues: (Mintage 800,000 each)

Ignacy Jan Paderewski (To be issued on August 29, 2011)

Cities and towns in Poland Mława (Issued today)

Aditya

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 06:12:01 PM »
When Paderewski was young, his hair was a whole lot wilder, to the delight of cartoonists. When his hair was tamed, his hairline was significantly higher than on this on this coin. He has had even more of a hair implant on the 10 Zt. The communists made a better portrait...

Peter