Author Topic: Buy a Merc. Benz C Class for 100 Rupees !!!!  (Read 14312 times)

Offline Abhay

• Honorary Member
Buy a Merc. Benz C Class for 100 Rupees !!!!
« on: January 16, 2011, 02:16:40 PM »
A new Mercedez Benz "C" Class car cost Rs. 28,00,000.00 (Rs. 28 Lacs) in India. You can get this Brand New car for Rs. 100.00 only (That is roughly 2 US Dollars).  :o :o

Can not believe me?

Here is what you have to do to get it -

Just look for your Grandmother's almirah - if you are lucky enough, you may be able to find an old 1 Rupee pack stacked in a corner of the almirah. Check if this bundle is dated year 1964 and that the sign on the notes are that of S. Bhootlingam.

In case you find it, just sell this pack of 100 notes for more than Rs. 30.00 Lac, and get a new Merc C Class for yourself.  ;D ;D

Well, jokes apart, the 1 Rupee note of 1964, signed by S. Bhootlingam is actually selling for about Rs. 30K per piece in the market. Just check this listing on the E-Bay. The present bid is already Rs. 25K and there are still 5 days to go.

I remember purchasing this note for Rs. 2700.00 about 5 years back.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Buy a Merc. Benz C Class for 100 Rupees !!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 02:26:39 PM »
Who needs a Merc when you can have a wonderful note and 99 notes that will finance all the taxi rides in your life? You'd never have to worry about where to park it or about emptying the ash trays. :D

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 02:32:03 PM »
I have a sealed 1 rupee bundle...but dated 1987. Please say that it is also rare ;D Some of the notes (about 10-15) in the bundle are looking error notes-the last digit in the serial number is printed in small size :o

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 03:39:49 PM »
Deal is not at all bad ! need to search 1 Rs. notes from my collection.

Cheers
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 03:53:58 PM »
I have a sealed 1 rupee bundle...but dated 1987. Please say that it is also rare ..........

Aditya
Aditya,

i am not sure of 1987 but in general Re 1 packed bundles sold last year at 1200 for normal ones to 5000 for some special signatures / years and as Abhay said the 1964 Bhootalingam......

2 years back I was offered a set of all different notes of Re 1 issued from indipendence till the last one was printed. The price offered was 5000+ but less Bhootalingam 1964 it was 2700. I was stupid to have picked up the set at 2700.

I have about 15 bundles of Re 1 notes.......but not one of Bhootalingam 1964.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 03:57:53 PM »
I don't collect banknotes so I really don't care how worth my bundle is. It has a special emotional value as my Grandfather gave me the bundle when I was 4 years old as b'day gift :) He also gave my sister a similar bundle of 2 rupees banknotes.. 8)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 03:04:52 PM »
Deal is not at all bad ! need to search 1 Rs. notes from my collection.

Cheers

After searching my cupboard , I found Rs.1 note of following years

1.1957 - A.K ROY
2.1968 -I.J PATEL
3.1985-1988 - S.VENKATRAMAN
4.1990 - BIMAL JALAN
5.1991-92 - MONTEK SINGH AHLUWALIA
6.1994 - MOTEK SINGH AHLUWALIA - ONLY 25 NOTES FROM BUNDLE , fortunately or unfortunately 75 NOTES I had used during my marriage ceremony functions as a tradition  :o , now I realize  it is scarce one. :'( 

( Last Banknote issued by Government of India for Rupee 1 , 1 Rupee denomination was ceased since March 1994 by Government of India )

Advise if get replica of Merc.Benz.

Cheers ;D

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:10:53 PM by aan09 »

Offline Abhay

• Honorary Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 08:34:46 AM »
A bundle of 1964 Bhootlingam is for sale on Ebay for Rs. 29.00 Lacs. Any Takers?  ;) ;)

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 12:46:42 PM »
There seems to be a big recession in this business........The price mentioned last month in Ahmedabad was 34 Lakhs (3.4 million)

Amit

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 04:30:42 PM »
There seems to be a big recession in this business........

Does it means not much buyers for coins due to prices quoted or buyers have hold purchasing for time being.

Cheers ;D

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 02:15:07 AM »
I was Jockingly refering to the drop in the price of this One Rupee Bundle.......the prices are only moving one way......UP >>>>>UP.........

Amit

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 01:04:14 PM »
500-km chase by cops for rare 1 bundle
Dwaipayan Ghosh , TNN | May 25, 2011, 05.43am IST

NEW DELHI: It's not often that a cop would travel over 500 km to chase a bundle of one-rupee notes. If you thought Re 1 is a pittance, you are mistaken. This bundle is actually worth a bounty - Rs 32 lakh for all the 100 notes. What makes it priceless is its antique value. These rare notes bear the signature of former finance secretary S Bhootalingam and is a collector's dream. Each note can fetch a mindboggling Rs 25,500 in the antique market. And this precious booty was stolen from Delhi and smuggled to Rajasthan. And this sent alarm bells ringing. A team of Lajpat Nagar police raided three places in Rajasthan - Jodhpur, Bikaner and Jaipur - to retrieve the cash.

Rajkumar Gupta, a resident of Rajouri Garden, thought he had hit a jackpot when he stumbled upon 100 notes of rupee one signed by former finance secretary Bhootalingam. He found that he could sell these notes between Rs 28 lakh and 32 lakh. While enquiring on the procedure, he found two buyers - Ankit and Mahesh - who asked him to come to Lajpat Nagar market on March 26. And it was then that he was left duped.

Additional CP (southeast) Ajay Chaudhry said, "While the deal was being hammered out, the two men tricked him and quietly stole the cash. Later, a case was lodged with the Lajpat Nagar police station. We began investigations and found that the accused had moved to Rajasthan. We found that the mobile phones used by the thieves were procured through fake IDs."

The trail took the cops to Bikaner where they tracked down an accomplice, Manoj, who had received the consignment. He was about to deliver it to one Mahender Kumar at Jaipur. "We also got a tip-off that the gang was planning to sell the notes through a local auction and the base price had been set at Rs 26 lakh," said an investigating officer.

All bank notes carry the signature of the RBI Governor except the one-rupee note which has the Finance secretary's signature. The first Finance Secretary was KRK Menon and the first RBI governor was CD Deshmukh. Some of the Re 1 notes printed in 1964 bore the signature of then finance secretary

S Bhootalingam. But all old currency notes don't appreciate in value. The availability of the note is a crucial factor. For example, Re 1 notes printed in December 1964 and signed by Bhoothalingam are very rare, but other notes signed by him in subsequent months maybe available, but may not fetch a high price. The Re 1 note ceased to printed from 1995. That is why the demand is very high, said a blogger and coin enthusiast, Abhay.

The police say they are investigating the role of an inter-state gang. "We believe this is a gang involved in selling antique pieces and smuggling priceless articles outside the country . We have found enough evidence that this is also an organized gang of educated men . We hope to arrest them soon ,'' said a senior police officer .

Source: Times of India
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:17:39 PM by Bimat »

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 05:19:14 PM »
It's cases like this that will establish the credibility of the police. They just did a good job and should be congratulated on it.

I wonder what "stumbled upon" means in the sentence "Rajkumar Gupta, a resident of Rajouri Garden, thought he had hit a jackpot when he stumbled upon 100 notes of rupee one signed by former finance secretary Bhootalingam."

Peter
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 10:26:08 AM by Figleaf »
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Abhay

• Honorary Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 05:23:44 PM »
It's cases like this that will establish the credibility of the policy. They just did a good job and should be congratulated on it.

I wonder what "stumbled upon" means in the sentence "Rajkumar Gupta, a resident of Rajouri Garden, thought he had hit a jackpot when he stumbled upon 100 notes of rupee one signed by former finance secretary Bhootalingam."

Peter

Did Mr. Rajkumar Gupta read this thread and actually checked his Grandmother's almirah?  ;D ;D ;D

And who is this blogger and coin enthusiast, Abhay, they have referred to in the news? Is it me???  ;) ;)

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 12:54:34 AM »

And who is this blogger and coin enthusiast, Abhay, they have referred to in the news? Is it me???  ;) ;)

Please share that "Blog" ................ :D , It's surprise for all of us...............

Cheers ;D