Author Topic: I am quite happy to mark this one off my want list  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Prosit

• Honorary Member
I am quite happy to mark this one off my want list
« on: September 08, 2007, 05:25:51 PM »
Maybe not a PERFECT example but a date that is not so easy to find at least in my neck of the woods.
Austrian 1923 100 Kronen.

It is a keeper.

Dale
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 01:13:53 AM by dalehall »

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: I am quite happy to mark this one off my want list
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 06:22:25 PM »
Congratulations. May there be many more holes filled.

I am surprised at the price of this feller in KM. Happy to be a type collector.

At what date do you start collecting types, rather than dates, Dale?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Prosit

• Honorary Member
Re: I am quite happy to mark this one off my want list
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 08:49:56 PM »
When does my year/date collection turn into type collecting.......that is a very good question and it is one that I haven't fully resolved in my own mind even yet. 

1892-2005 every single coin is currently fair game except gold, proofs and some nclt.  I need under 50 specimens to finish that up.  Pretty big collectioin that.  I have considered triming that date collection to 1916-1999.  Not including any 500 ATS coins either, that is an easy to find tough to afford series with 38 examples +/- at about $50 USD per example.

1848-1891is mostly type although I have quite a few years of 1-Florins (for mint marked coins I collect "A" mintmark only).  I like that series a lot. 1848 to 1803 is most definitely type.

Pre 1803, strickly hit or miss, not a year collection and not a type collection, simply a very small collection of oppertunity.

If some other interest took my fancy my Austrian collection could easily be considered complete if I redefine it a wee bit  ;D
My interest in early Spanish small denomination reale coins could occupy a few years if I let it... and there is alwys Roman.....I need to make a lot more money and live a lot longer than I will I think  ;D

Dale

Congratulations. May there be many more holes filled.

I am surprised at the price of this feller in KM. Happy to be a type collector.

At what date do you start collecting types, rather than dates, Dale?

Peter