News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Coins with the same person or theme on both sides

Started by RHM22, February 18, 2010, 08:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RHM22

How many coins can you think of with the same person/thing on both sides? There are a few U.S. coins that fit the bill, such as the Lafayette dollar, the Lincoln Memorial cent and the New Jersey quarter, and I can think of a few European coins with eagles on both sides. Any thoughts?

Figleaf

Yes, the good Mr. Lincoln figures on more coin dies than any other person except Ms. Liberty. Depends also on how you define "thing". I can think of a few coins with the value on both sides.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

chrisild

Five years ago the Royal Dutch Mint issued a coin to Queen Beatrix's silver jubilee. (She became queen in 1980, and the Jubileummunt came out in 2005.) The coin shows the very same moment - the oath - from two different angles.

Christian

ciscoins

Quote from: RHM22 on February 18, 2010, 08:19:29 PM
How many coins can you think of with the same person/thing on both sides? There are a few U.S. coins that fit the bill, such as the Lafayette dollar, the Lincoln Memorial cent and the New Jersey quarter, and I can think of a few European coins with eagles on both sides. Any thoughts?

I remember only two coins: Bulgaria 1 lev 1981 (the coat of arms at both sides) and USSR 1 rouble 1987 (the same sickle and hammer at both sides).

Ivan
Moscow, Russia

ciscoins

Oh, one more piece: Tajikistan 3 somoni 2001. The crown with stars at both sides.
Ivan
Moscow, Russia

SquareEarth

Tong Bao_Tsuho_Tong Bo_Thong Bao

<k>

Cook Islands, $1, 2016.  The Queen's ninetieth birthday.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.