French IndoChina

Started by Bimat, February 12, 2010, 03:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimat

These are my first coins from a French colony,IndoChina.The quality of scans isn't very good(as usual ;)),but all the coins are in XF-AU condition.

All the coins are contra aligned (i.e have coin alignment).

Here is the first coin:
1 Cent,1935,KM# 20,Bronze,21mm,Reeded Edge,Struck at Paris mint,Mintage: 26,365,000.

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

The Second Coin:

One Cent,1938,KM# 12.1,Bronze,26mm,Plain Edge,Mint Mark: 'A' (Paris),Mintage: 15,499,000.

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

The Third Coin.

5 Cents,1938,KM# 18,Copper Nickel,24mm,Plain Edge,Paris Mint,Mintage: 1,480,000.

Among all the other KM# 18 coins,this is the most difficult date to get because of low mintage.

Bimat

And the last..

10 Cents,1940,KM# 21.1,Nickel,18mm,Reeded Edge,Paris Mint,Mintage: 25,505,000.

juantrillo

Very nice coins and in an excellent condition.
Visit my numismatic online
http://www.jnumix.com

Abhay

INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

Bimat

Thanks Juan and Abhay. :) This is my lucky acquisition of February for a reasonable price :)

I'm now waiting for Peter's comments on the historical background of these coins. :)

Aditya

Medalstrike

I can only agree, really beautiful pieces.

Dietmar
The third side of a medal rests in the eye of the beholder

RHM22

Very nice coins! I especially like KM12.1. Few center hole coins boast such a nice design around the hole.

thelawnet

I am always amused at how often these appear on Ebay as 'French Indonesia' or even just 'Indonesia'.

Still it's better than confusing Indonesia with India, I suppose.

Figleaf

That's in the league of the guy who asked which island this coin was from.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

translateltd

You mean it isn't from Kronur Island?

translateltd

Quote from: Rupert on February 13, 2010, 02:00:12 AM
I tried to measure them once but got badly singed.

Singed, eh?  Those French monkeys again ...

Could the denomination on the batteries have been venezolanos?

morondrill

vietnampenpal

Share with you a nice coin from French Indochina, my location now. You could see it has the same engraver with a French coin 2 centimes - Daniel Dupuis.

By the way, I have some French Indochina and Vietnam coins for swap. Contact me by PM and leave your e-mail for my swaplist.