Bahamani Sultanate - Tanka AH 815 - Taj ud din Firuz

Started by ttkooau, February 25, 2024, 01:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttkooau

Quotei don't want to be a kill joy, but this coin looks too clean and the earlier one has a red spot at 7oclock
Thank you for your cautionary remarks.
The seller currently has another 8 coins of AH 807 on offer. IndianCoins
All appear to be struck from different dies. As for the red mark at 7 o'clock, what would that signify to you that would be raising a "red flag" ?
Yes I am relatively new to numismatics, so your comments are always appreciated.
The company (IndianCoins.com) offers lifetime genuine guarantee.(apparently).
Up until now I haven't heard of any doubt of their product, but I guess the internet is not always filled with wine and roses!

Grant
The ox moves slowly, but the Earth is patient

ttkooau

Adding fuel to the fire, here are the next two in my Bahmanis theme.

AH805 Bahmanis Sultanate
Tanka  26.41 10.93g AR
Ahsanabad Mint
Taj ud din Firuz
Zeno 331433
Numista 63559

AH804 Bahmanis Sultanate
Tanka  25.39 10.91g AR
Ahsanabad Mint
Taj ud din Firuz
Zeno 331434
Numista 63559

krishna

Quote from: ttkooau on April 06, 2024, 07:52:20 AMThank you for your cautionary remarks.
The seller currently has another 8 coins of AH 807 on offer. IndianCoins
All appear to be struck from different dies. As for the red mark at 7 o'clock, what would that signify to you that would be raising a "red flag" ?
Yes I am relatively new to numismatics, so your comments are always appreciated.
The company (IndianCoins.com) offers lifetime genuine guarantee.(apparently).
Up until now I haven't heard of any doubt of their product, but I guess the internet is not always filled with wine and roses!

Grant

now that you have let me know the source, and assuming that you are not residing in the Indian jurisdiction currently, it is the responsibility of the seller to disclose items of age greater than 100 years to the archaeological survey of India, before shipping them out
However it is the seller's obligation only. I am certain that the seller is not going through the above process before shipping the items to you. Thus you should be careful before you commit significantly large amounts to purchase coins from such entities

Better check the coins already dispatched to you for purity of metal, dimensions, fonts etc, so that you can make a purchase again with confidence (if you are comfortable with the shady legality of the seller)

ttkooau

@ krishna
Thank you again for your cautionary advice.
I am quite comfortable with the purchase of these coins from a 'shady dealer'
And again, you spoke of a red mark at 7k. What alarm does this raise for you?
As an aside, that mark is black with the coin in hand, it is silver tarnish. The sellers photographic lights make them seem red.

Kind regards
Grant