News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Can't log into World of Tokens

Started by JohnI, January 30, 2024, 04:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnI

This has happened before and required me resetting everything. It only ever happens on World of Tokens.

When I try to log in I get;

WoTMessage.jpg

Once it starts doing this it doesn't stop unless I reset everything and lose all my settings on Edge.

There appears to be a bug somewhere with the login.

Another thing - it randomly has me logged in if I open WoT on another page.

Regards;

John

izotz

Hi JohnI,

Does this happen to you only with Edge? I'd give it a try with Chrome or Firefox, so that we can figure out if this has to do with the user, the browser, the wiki, etc.

What do you mean by resetting "everything"? Is it that it gets fixed temporarily when you reset your password?

I'd also try adding worldofcoins.eu as a trusted website, given that we do not have an https certificate.

JohnI

I have a requirement to double login with different browsers and different devices.

The page I am on says I am not logged in and doesn't allow me to edit pages. I can open another browser page and I am logged in without having done anything else (i.e. on both devices/browsers the page is falsely declaring that I am not logged in and blocking me from editting ). This points to a website software issue.

I have never reset my password. I reset the browser cache etc.

I changed the website security on the browser - no difference.

Regards;

John

JohnI

The link below is from an administrator who had the same problem with a private wiki site 6 years ago;

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Ubnbvq3lxedtm1f3

The concluding remarks are;

Ciencia Al Poder
Check if you have set $wgMainCacheType in LocalSettings.php. In case it's set to CACHE_ACCEL, you should set $wgSessionCacheType to CACHE_DB.

Hey, I managed to fix the issue by adding $wgCookiePath = "/"; and $wgCookieSecure = false; to LocalSettings.php.

From what I understand LocalSettings.php is set by the Administrator:-  https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:LocalSettings.php

Regards;

John

Figleaf

I know a good researcher when I read stuff from one. See also Izotz's questions upthread.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

JohnI

I have responded to Izotz's questions in the post following his.

Regards;

John

izotz

Thanks for the tip.

Quote from: JohnI on January 31, 2024, 05:35:04 PMCheck if you have set $wgMainCacheType in LocalSettings.php. In case it's set to CACHE_ACCEL, you should set $wgSessionCacheType to CACHE_DB.

This is what I did yesterday when I told you in my Email that I tried to modify something on WoT that may or may not help.

Quote from: JohnI on January 31, 2024, 05:35:04 PMHey, I managed to fix the issue by adding $wgCookiePath = "/"; and $wgCookieSecure = false; to LocalSettings.php.

I just added this as well. Did it help?

Did you follow my recommendation to add WoT as a trusted site?

JohnI

Yesterday I didn't find a specific trusted sites setting on Edge but found a section with all the protections listed. I removed the protections from the site, which is probably the same thing as making it a trusted site. This made no difference.

Last night it appeared that the changes had only removed the warning sign (i.e. it was still showing the not logged in page every time I tried to login or editted a page). I reset the browser cache etc and it was back to double logging in (i.e the problem inidcator was still there). This morning the double logging in seems to have disappeared, which would suggest the problem is now fixed.

The double logging in is still be required on my iPhone. This may be because I have not reset the browser cache etc. on that. However I was only logging in on my iPhone to check if it was a device/browser specific issue, so this is not a concern.

Thanks;

John