Denmark, islands research

Started by Alex Island, June 24, 2023, 08:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Island

Thanks for the comments FosseWay!

A few more islands further down the alphabet from this series, and from other series:

Morsø island :

All islands around the world & islands coin

Alex Island

Continued research

Omø island :

Alex Island

Rømø island :

It is interesting that there was a token of a different type - Lakolk Camping (Rømø island)

Alex Island

Samsø island :

Some more numismatic artifacts about this island

Alex Island

Continued research

Tåsinge island :

Alex Island

Alex Island

Alex Island

Quote from: Alex Island on June 24, 2023, 09:04:02 AMLolland island :

Lalandia Billund Denmark Game Coins: These tokens can probably be considered related to the island of Lolland (?)

Alex Island

Quote from: Alex Island on June 24, 2023, 08:19:57 AMAmager island:

I don't always understand Danish geography and phrases.. Three tokens of different types that possibly relate to the island of Amager:

- Amager byens
- Amagerlands
- Amagerbanken

Alex Island

Amagerværket / ØL token ; The map shows that this is the island of Amager

FosseWay

To paraphrase Danish Wikipedia, Amagerbanken was Denmark's 11th largest bank, with HQ on Amager and 25 branches in total, of which 12 on Amager, 11 elsewhere in the greater Copenhagen region and one each in Odense and Århus. It went bankrupt in 2011.

The series of tokens with days of the week and the reverse showing the Bode Panzer AG advert is interesting, as I have a similar token from Göteborgs Handelsbank, also with a day of the week (but in Swedish) and a serial number. These are, as far as I can work out, safe deposit access tokens, presumably where a business owner had an agreement with the bank to deposit cash takings there once a week. The advert is for the German manufacturer of the safe equipment.

Amagerværket is a power station on Amager. Øl is the Danish for beer. I presume this is a token for the canteen. I'm not sure that today the power station would be encouraging its employees to drink beer at lunchtime though! There may well be a similar token for VAND (water) - I've seen similar coupled tokens from elsewhere.

Alex Island

Quote from: FosseWay on May 11, 2024, 12:22:54 PMAmagerværket is a power station on Amager. Øl is the Danish for beer. I presume this is a token for the canteen. I'm not sure that today the power station would be encouraging its employees to drink beer at lunchtime though! There may well be a similar token for VAND (water) - I've seen similar coupled tokens from elsewhere.

Thanks for the interesting comments! I didn't see a water token for this power plant, but there was a beer to choose from:

ØL / LYS ØL (Light beer)

Alex Island

Amagerland Numismatiske Forening (Amagerland Numismatic Association) https://anf-mont.dk/

This information will probably be useful to someone:

QuoteWelcome to ANF's website. We are a coin club that was established in 1972 and we are based in Amager, but we also have many members from other parts of Denmark and abroad. We are one of the country's largest coin clubs and currently we are 270 members. We have an ambition to become the most sought-after coin club in Denmark and in the past 5 years we have had an influx of more than 100 new members. If you also want to be a member of our coin club, you can join the coin club directly from the website.
Twice a month, referral sales are held among the members. The meeting takes place in our clubroom at Amager Landevej 71, 2770 Kastrup

I found out that there is a numismatic association on the island of Amager after I discovered two of their commemorative tokens: 25 and 50 years

Alex Island

Previously, I could not find photos of tokens for the island of Amager for a long time. Now I see another series: Amager Bio
It seems that this is due to the music festivals that take place on the island on different dates (the obverse and reverse have the same inscriptions). I wonder what these tokens mean? :