News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Discussion: Regular issues / circulation coins in 2009

Started by asm, December 11, 2009, 02:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asm

Either the Indian mints were busy issuing commemoratives or with modernisation, it appears that they have not released many different regular issue circulation coin in 2009.

I have not seen a single 50 paisa from any mint.

Rs 1 & Rs 2 - I have come across only 'Nritya Mudra' FSS coins from Mumbai & Noida. I have yet not seen any from Hyderabad and Kolkatta.

Rs 5 - Only the Ni-Br coins of Mumbai. I believe Kolkatta has struck similar coins but have not seen any.

Rs 10 - Bi-metalic Noida mint.

Has any member seen or come across any coins other than what i have mentioned?

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

mumbapuri

1RS Nitya mudra stainless steel does exist from Hyd and Cal mints. I can confirm having found them in circulation.

MS

Quote from: asm on December 11, 2009, 02:47:51 AM
Either the Indian mints were busy issuing commemoratives or with modernisation, it appears that they have not released many different regular issue circulation coin in 2009.

I have not seen a single 50 paisa from any mint.

Rs 1 & Rs 2 - I have come across only 'Nritya Mudra' FSS coins from Mumbai & Noida. I have yet not seen any from Hyderabad and Kolkatta.

Rs 5 - Only the Ni-Br coins of Mumbai. I believe Kolkatta has struck similar coins but have not seen any.

Rs 10 - Bi-metalic Noida mint.

Has any member seen or come across any coins other than what i have mentioned?

Amit

50 Paise Bombay mint is available, I found it in circulation a few months back and also posted the picture on the forum. Its Nritya Mudra in the form of a clenched fist. Here is the link to that post - http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,1821.msg22288.html#msg22288

Rs 1 & Rs 2 FSS are available for both Hyderabad and Calcutta.
Rs 5 - The Ni-Br coins are available in Bombay, Hyderabad and Calcutta mint.
Rs 10 - Bi-metalic - This is available only from Noida. My understanding is that is the reason why Noida does not have 5 Rupee the past few years. They exclusively fill the 10 rupee requirement.

MS

mumbapuri

MS change yur handle to "MS Encyclopedia for india 09 coins"  ;D... nice info... now how about sending a couple of those and a few of 5rs commen to your friend mumba 8)

MS

Amit

Its also worth mentioning that the 2009 5 Rupee Brass coins could be considered as having two variations. Calcutta and Hyderabad mint coins, the emblem has no ears while Bombay mint has. The difference is similar to some of the definitive CN issues in earlier years.

MS

MS

Quote from: mumbapuri on December 11, 2009, 07:30:23 AM
MS change yur handle to "MS Encyclopedia for india 09 coins"  ;D... nice info... now how about sending a couple of those and a few of 5rs commen to your friend mumba 8)

LOL

Sure, I have a few extra 5 Rupees from Hyderabad mint, Will be more than happy to send you from my spares. I don't have 50 paise in extras but the other Hyderabad mint coins we can manage. :) Let me know your address and I will have it dispatched.

MS

Figleaf

You are doing great, guys. Thanks for using the forum to best effects.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Bimat

My experience is similar to that of Amit.So far,I have found:

50 Paise 2009-Mumbai mint

1 and 2 Rupees(2009)-Mumbai mint only

5 Rupees nickel brass(2009)-Mumbai mint (Got it today for the first time,what a beauty! :D)

10 Rupees-haven't got any bimetallic in change yet,neither dated 2008,nor 2009.

Quote from: MS on December 11, 2009, 07:33:22 AM
Its also worth mentioning that the 2009 5 Rupee Brass coins could be considered as having two variations. Calcutta and Hyderabad mint coins, the emblem has no ears while Bombay mint has. The difference is similar to some of the definitive CN issues in earlier years.

Nice information,MS.Can you please post up some photos,please?(It's me,not Aidan! ;D)

Aditya

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

asm

Quote from: mumbapuri on December 11, 2009, 07:30:23 AM
MS,
Please consider me in the queue. The year has almost gone by. I have travelled to Calcutta, Hyderabad as well Bangalore and not one single coin from Hyd or Cal.

Aditya,
If you have the 50 p spare, I would be happy to have them too.
Amit

"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

mumbapuri

Quote from: Figleaf on December 11, 2009, 11:49:59 AM
You are doing great, guys. Thanks for using the forum to best effects.
Peter
all thanks to u and yur team of mods :)... 3 cheers to u for providing us with a platform for constructive chit-chat...

Peter, i know its nearing that time of the year when dear santa fulfils wishes of good kids... so here is mine.. good health and peace to all...

and yes more coins for all of us ;)

MS

Quote from: numismatica on December 11, 2009, 03:20:55 PM
5 Rupees nickel brass(2009)-Mumbai mint (Got it today for the first time,what a beauty! :D)
I am genuinely surprised that you found the 2009 5 rupee in circulation only today. One of my friends was in Bombay for 10 days or so 2 months back. I asked him to keep a look out for the brass coins and he brought back 3 Bombay mint coins with him. In Bangalore, they are not flooded either but its not hard to find circulated copies of Hyderabad mint.

I don't have a scanner or a digital camera with macro functions (Yes, sometimes it does feel like stone age!). I will take some pictures upload them during the weekend but you are forewarned about the quality :)

MS

Quote from: mumbapuri on December 11, 2009, 04:20:24 PM
all thanks to u and yur team of mods :)... 3 cheers to u for providing us with a platform for constructive chit-chat...

I completely agree Mumba. It takes a lot of time and dedicated effort to moderate, administrate, contribute and give direction to the forums. The forums are but only a reflect of its members, more so people like Peter and other moderates who keep it functioning. I really enjoy my time out here. Many thanks for the platform.

mumbapuri

MS, you are really tempting me to exchange the doubles... but i will manage to stay away from it... MS your post are encouraging.. someday i will get hyd/cal mint 5rs brass :)... enjoy yur wonderful find  ;D

UK Decimal +

Quote from: MS on December 11, 2009, 08:12:43 PM
I don't have a scanner or a digital camera with macro functions (Yes, sometimes it does feel like stone age!). I will take some pictures upload them during the weekend but you are forewarned about the quality :)

Hi MS, how do you find my scans?

I use an Epson CX3600 combined scanner and printer, together with the Epson software.   I need not quote the full settings, but I scan to a fairly high resolution.   First, I do a preview scan and adjust the area of the page to be scanned to just include the coin and then do the proper scan.   I then save the scans with suitable descriptive names prefixed 'O' (original) and close 'Epson'.   I then resize the results using Microsoft Office Picture Manager (usually, for coins, to 40%) and 'save as' with the names that you see (which is my 'O' name minus the 'O').   I also keep the original scans but do not use 'save' for them, so that they remain at original size for possible re-use.   I have a good set of 'folders' so that I can find scans quickly.

The equipment that I use is by no means the latest, but I think that it produces a fair result.   More importantly, with practice I have got quite quick at doing it.   Perhaps this might give you some thoughts for the future.

Bill.
Ilford, Essex, near London, England.

People look for problems and complain.   Engineers find solutions but people still complain.

MS

Quote from: mumbapuri on December 12, 2009, 05:18:08 AM
MS, you are really tempting me to exchange the doubles... but i will manage to stay away from it... MS your post are encouraging.. someday i will get hyd/cal mint 5rs brass :)... enjoy yur wonderful find  ;D

Mumba,
I should have made myself more clear. I am happy to send you the 2009-5R(H) without needing anything in exchange. These coins are neither scarce nor expensive. If they find a place in your collection then thats reward enough :) I am aware you don't like swapping and I agree, sometimes we as collectors tend to take these things too seriously. Its better to have a good friend then a good coin any day.

MS