News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Akbar Dam Dogaon AH996

Started by TTerrier, May 09, 2020, 08:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTerrier

Here is another one of Dogaon - this one was interesting as I initially couldn't figure out the reverse but by searching posts I found someone else had the same issue with a coin from the same year.  The reverse of this contains "Allahu Akbar"  ("God is Great").  I understand Akbar changed his coinage to be more inclusive of other religions and so put this generic phrase on the coins which could apply to all of them.

This is an early year for this to appear although there is apparently another one from AH993.  I may have one but haven't worked my way to it yet.

This coin could use some cleaning - the deposits are not bronze disease but hard mineralizations.

Akbar dam  20.95 gm  20.0 mm  KM#28.19  AH996 Dogaon mint  cf Zeno #195599

Figleaf

First class overlays. Thank you. A fine addition for the index of coins with an overlay.

I am impressed how you figured out the coin. We have developed some tools to help people like you read the name of the emperor and the date here. Do you find them useful?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.