Unidentified token JOYFUL LAND

Started by Figleaf, November 13, 2011, 10:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

I should know this, but I don't. Never seen it before. Not in Kooy. No trace of the logo on Google.

Imitation Dutch 25 cent piece, 21.4 mm and 4.1 gram, magnetic.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

africancoins

I have not seen that one before...

However.... this reminds me - if you all look in a Standard Catalog of World Coins and find Netherlands 1 Cent 1948 then some of you will be looking at an image that matches a coin I got many years ago and others will be looking at an image that matches a plastic token I got the other day.... it all depends which edition of the book you have......

Thanks Mr Paul Baker

Afrasi

Just two ideas:

H H = Hanzestad Harderwijk?

Indonesia? Used like the South African "Gold Reef" tokens ...

Chinasmith

Looks like an amusement token -- for use in a pinball, pachinko or video game machine. But I have no idea where it is from. The portrait does look like the Dutch queen. There is a token making firm (private mint) in Chicago called  Hoffman & Hoffman, which uses the  H H  mintmark, but I don't think they made this.
Researcher on coins, paper money and tokens of China.

johnkooij

This is a 21.2 mm white-metal token picturing Queen Juliana. Can somebody tell me what is is for? And where it is used?

Figleaf

See earlier posts. We didn't get far with this one.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

jezuss

i don't know if it helps, but here is another joyful-land token.
23.5 mm
nickel plated brass

Figleaf

I think I found them on the web page of the Hong Kong Trade Development Council. They are both gaming tokens, likely Pachinko tokens made in Taiwan. My daughter says there has been a series of Pachinko tokens inspired by circulating coins of foreign (to the Japanese) countries.

Peter

malj1

Another seen on eBay today looks to be brass this time but maybe the camera lied! ??? it often does these days.  ::)

Maybe someone can read the Chinese/Japanese? characters? ???
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

jezuss

another joyful land token.
same size, same metal and the same drops.
21.3 mm nickel plated iron

Figleaf

The font and decorations link this one with previous tokens, that are in turn linked to East Asia, so I think the Honk Kong link I reported above is solid.

Peter

Figleaf

Quote from: malj1 on February 11, 2020, 09:56:11 PM
Maybe someone can read the Chinese/Japanese? characters? ???

The characters are likely Chinese. I tried Pellinore's technique of using camera and Google translate on them. At one point, the app briefly translated the last two (?) characters as "via paradise". I tried translating joyful land in Google translate, getting characters different from the ones on the token.

Peter

malj1

A search for the tokens on the website provided by that link returns "Sorry! No records are found"
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Figleaf

It still works for me, though the company seems to be in Taiwan now.

Peter