Muhammad Shah rupee RY3 Itawa

Started by TTerrier, December 27, 2019, 05:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTerrier

Here is another one from Muhammad Shah.  My goal is to do an overlay for each new mint/emperor combination I get (in each coin type) - I have a bit of a backlog so this may take a while!

Muhammad Shah rupee   11.51gm, 24.0mm, RY3, AH113X, Itawa mint.

mitresh

Beautiful coin & fantastic overlay! :applause:
In the quest for Excellence, there's no finish line.

Figleaf

Quote from: TTerrier on December 27, 2019, 05:01:50 AM
My goal is to do an overlay for each new mint/emperor combination I get (in each coin type)

That would be a superb contribution!  :perfect:

My advice would be to remain realistic in the amount of time you allocate to this goal. Steady progress will get you there, while an explosion of activity may destroy your will to finish the job. Let it remain fun all the time. Imagine me nodding approvingly with a big smile on my face every time you post one (I will) and multiply that with the number of times a collector will use your work.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

TTerrier

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the advice - I started out with Muhammad Shah major mints for that very reason - not overly complicated inscriptions and relatively easy to read.  Once I get through those it will be a much slower process to decipher the coins.  The good news is that I find that part of the hobby fun - the real distraction is getting sidetracked reading up on the history of rulers and the mint locations.

I have Liddle's book on Jahangir slowly making its way to me and will probably take a break once that arrives.

Thanks,

Laird

Figleaf

Something I almost forgot. If a date/mint/year/regnal year combination is already on WoC, just add yours to the thread. It gets better that way.

Curious what you'll think of the Jahangir book once you received it.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.