News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

US commemorative quarters

Started by gpimper, August 30, 2019, 09:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpimper

If there are any US coins that I can post, just let me know.  Happy to post.  We've been working this for years so we do have quite a collection:-)  Many international coins just from our travels.  Happy to send or trade.  I don't mind mostly sending :-)
The Chief...aka Greg

idiotghost

Hi Greg

It would be great if you could post these 3 quarter collections:
1) 50 State quarters: 50 State quarters - Wikipedia

2) District of Columbia and United States Territories quarters: District of Columbia and United States Territories quarters - Wikipedia

3) America the Beautiful quarters: America the Beautiful quarters - Wikipedia

I was in California & Hawaii for 4 weeks in May-June 2019 for a vacation & I tried to pick up over 50+ different quarters from the 106+ published in this series. I have been collecting over 32 years now & honestly USA coins were the most boring, bland & uninteresting coins that I had all these years. If anybody would offer me American coins, I used to avoid them like a plague, coz of almost the same 4 types of coins that I would get in India over & over again! But with this visit, I got extremely interested in collecting the full series. I picked up 4 odd half Dollar coins from Kauai Lava tube cashier & a dozen odd (4 types) Dollar coins while coming back from Las Vegas. I'm back in India & its literally impossible to complete the Quarters set from here. But would love to see your collection on WOC forum in modern classics. I see your old coins post of USA regularly.

Thanks

gpimper

I can but it might take some time :-)  New York and Pennsylvania for starters.  US mint started these State coins in 1999 and finished in 2009.  Some very amazing art work in my opinion.
The Chief...aka Greg

gpimper

Connecticut...very nice coin.  New Jersey added.
The Chief...aka Greg

Prosit

I will contribute to this project.

Year 2000
Virginia
New Hampshire
South Carolina
Maryland
Massachusetts

Dale

gpimper

Dale, I could not have said it better:-)  2000s marked off.  Thank you!  (nice looking coins)
The Chief...aka Greg

Prosit

In a different post I mentioned I had collected mints sets and not broken them apart. Not easy to scan and get the images oriented and sized correct for posting but somewhat easier than one at a time. I usually don't have the time or inclination but today I did.

I did look and I do miss the last three years though. I should correct that as a at least some of them are selling less than issue price.

Over the years, I have broken apart many more mint sets than I have kept. I do feel a little guilty about that.

For many years after the state quarters started I collected a uncirculated roll of each mint. That got cumbersome fast and before I sold them I couldn't pick them all up as they weighed too much. It was a fun addiction for a while but I didn't really have the funds to support it.

Funny how life works, I make more money now but have almost no hobby funds....ok truth be told I have too many hobbies.
I still love coins but sometime it seems I must to do other stuff for a while.

Dale

Quote from: gpimper on September 01, 2019, 02:23:39 AM
Dale, I could not have said it better:-)  2000s marked off.  Thank you!  (nice looking coins)

idiotghost

This thread seems to get interesting now. Keep them coming :)

idiotghost

Apparently there are 2 listings on Amazon India for the first 50 State quarters series. Both are priced around ~$40. But collecting them individually in circulation is more fun, then buying them off in one go!

Coins & Stamps United States Of America 50 State Quarters Full Set: Amazon.in:

Pmw 50 State America Quarter Coins for Great Collection -Album Included:

Prosit

May not get to add more but here is 2001.

New York (already pictured)
Kentucky
Rhode island
N. Carolina
Vermont

gpimper

Nice proof sets.  I've a few but I run into the same problem...they are very difficult to align in their packets ☹  I'll keep posting.
The Chief...aka Greg

gpimper

I know I'm jumping way ahead but this one of my favorites :-) 2012 been there, done that! I'm trying to keep a list so as to not re-post.  Arizona...home State :-)
The Chief...aka Greg

Saikat

May I join my 2002? These I got from circulation.
Lousiana
Indiana
Ohio
Tennessee
Mississippi

Thanks,

Saikat

Prosit

It is actually an uncirculated mint set.  I do have some proof coins but I do not collect them these days.
I align the coins in an image editor after the scan, then move them together and reduce the image size so it will fit here.
Might take 15 minutes which isn't long but I get bored easily doing it  :)

Dale

Quote from: gpimper on September 03, 2019, 01:37:55 AM
Nice proof sets.  I've a few but I run into the same problem...they are very difficult to align in their packets ☹  I'll keep posting.

Prosit

I have been to Alaska a couple times but never that far North. Been to Skagway, Ketchikan and Juneau.
I would love to go back a third time.

Dale

Quote from: gpimper on September 03, 2019, 02:48:19 AM
I know I'm jumping way ahead but this one of my favorites :-) 2012 been there, done that! I'm trying to keep a list so as to not re-post.  Arizona...home State :-)