Author Topic: Falkland Islands: New series of circulating coins  (Read 435 times)

Offline <k>

• Honorary Member
Re: Falkland Islands: New series of circulating coins
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 01:32:55 PM »
I think these are just mockups, so the real issues will probably be uniform in style.

Or maybe one of them could be a fantasy?  >:D

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 01:35:13 PM »
I think these are just mockups, so the real issues will probably be uniform in style.

They most certainly aren't mockups. The coins won't be uniform in style. The Government of the Falkland Islands invited several mints to provide bids for the production of each denomination. The mint that quotes the best price got the order for the production of the particular denomination.

Furthermore the 1p coin will again be made from copper plated steel, out of which they used to be made before 2000. After that they were made of bronze plated steel.

Offline <k>

• Honorary Member
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 10:55:03 PM »
So it look as if the Falklands are keeping the themes and maybe re-doing some but not all of them. Recently the Bahamas finished revamping its design series. In that case, all the designs were changed but the same themes were retained. That set has a uniform look, apart from some of the fonts used - especially on the obverse of the 1 and 15 cents coins.

Offline Big_M

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2019, 11:22:05 AM »
I now can see that doirect links do not work.

Go here:

Search

And search "coins 2019"

Offline <k>

• Honorary Member
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 11:25:30 AM »
The designs come from official Falkland Government orders/laws, which even specifically mention the different effigies of the queen:

So it's true. I'm blaming eurocoin for this. He has a lot of influence there and tells the treasury what to do. Alan71 wants more penguins? Eurocoin makes sure it happens.  :-X

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2019, 11:30:27 AM »
Nonono! Haven't you read the error message when you try those links:

Unauthorized access to downloads.
Error! Either you tried to start a download from an unauthorised resource or your browser did not send a referrer.

So where do they hand out free referrers? And how do you repeal and replace an unauthorized z?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2019, 12:00:54 PM »
The information as provided by me is correct, like it always is, and there is not much else to be seen there.

So it's true. I'm blaming eurocoin for this. He has a lot of influence there and tells the treasury what to do. Alan71 wants more penguins? Eurocoin makes sure it happens.  :-X

Actually I asked them to make more penguins because I heard you like them so much  ;) In fact I have fairly recently asked the management of the mint to stop making penguin 50p's and instead come up with something new.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 12:10:18 PM by Figleaf »

Offline andyg

• Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • DERBYS UK
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2019, 09:45:28 PM »
According to Falklands treasury only 1p/5p and 50p will be issued in 2019 - no complete sets.
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2019, 09:38:31 AM »
According to Falklands treasury only 1p/5p and 50p will be issued in 2019 - no complete sets.

Well, 2 months ago they mentioned they only had an urgent shortage of 5p's and 50p's and that they had enough stock of all other denominations. One month later they suddenly also claim to have an urgent shortage of 1p coins that can not wait until the tender for all coin production of the Falkland Islands is being held later in the year..  ::) Let's wait and see.