News:

Read all about the Grand Numismatic Alliance

Main Menu

Designs by children

Started by <k>, May 04, 2018, 11:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

<k>

Belize $2 1998.jpg

Belize, $2, 1998.  Protect Our Heritage.

This design was the work of 12-year-old Oran Gordon, a pupil at St. Martin de Porres School.

The design shows different elements in the evolution of Belize, in its journey from a colonial territory to a modern and independent country.

My thanks to forum member Big_M for providing a scan and information about this coin.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

<k>

UK 50 pence 2009.jpg

In 2009 the BBC television children's programme, Blue Peter, ran a competition to design an Olympic coin for the 2012 London event.

The winner of the competition was 9-year-old Florence Jackson. The theme was athletics.

<k>

David Pearce.jpg

15-year-old David Pearce, of Walsall, England, won the competition for the reverse design of the pound coin.

The UK bimetallic one pound coin.

<k>

Australia 50 cents  2004.jpg

John Serrano was an 11-year-old pupil at St Peter's Primary School, East Keilor in Victoria, Australia, when he won a competition to design a coin. The coin was issued the next year in 2004.

Australia, 50 cents, 2004.  Lorikeet, koala, wombat.

Figleaf

TvM.jpg

trix.jpgloekie.jpg

Design for the last pre-euro coin of the Netherlands by 12 years old Tim van Melis.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

<k>

Australia, 50 cents, 2005. 

Kelly Just was only 16 when she designed this coin for the Commonwealth Games.

quaziright

One of the 150th anniversary Canadian coins was made by a kid out of Calgary if I'm not mistaken. I have a 1/4 Euro from France dedicated to children which I can only imagine was daisgnes by a child. There are several Austrian 10euro coins designed by children too

chrisild

Between 2012 and 2016, the Austrian mint issued a series of €10 collector coins dedicated to the nine states. Ten coins - the nine states, plus one for Austria as a whole - were designed by schoolchildren (reverse) and by professional mint designers (obverse).

Christian